BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

x-over steering on International 200?

Tommy Lundberg

Farmall Cub
Hi
Im thinking of buying a International 200, so I can use the D44 and D60FF axles. ( PICTURE ) And put them on my scout.
But I need to get some facts first:
I have been searching some, but I cant figure out if the International 200 have x-over steering like the scout?
/Tommy

Doc Stewart

Content Team
Staff member
The truck axles are wider than the Scout axles. Are you allowed to drive in your country with the tires sticking out beyond the fenders?

pri

High Wheeler
The truck axles are wider than the Scout axles. Are you allowed to drive in your country with the tires sticking out beyond the fenders?

Nope, that's a no-no over here...
I dunno how much wider the full size axles are, if it is even possible to do some flares that'll cover the rubber... If it's possible to cover with flares he'll be okay as long as no overambitious person at the annual (or bi-annual for vehicles over 30 years of age) inspection measures the tracking width. Then he'll have to do a registry inspection and have the new axles written into the paperwork.

But there's always the possibility of shortening the axles... And do a cut and turn.

[Hehe... Lycka till med projektet. Behöver du råd o tips så hör av dig!!]

Paul

John Donnelly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi
Im thinking of buying a International 200, so I can use the D44 and D60FF axles. ( PICTURE ) And put them on my scout.
But I need to get some facts first:
I have been searching some, but I cant figure out if the International 200 have x-over steering like the scout?
/Tommy

That looks like a pretty decent truck.

Why kill it for some Scout?

The truck has more class and style anyway :D

-John

WRENCH MAN

Dreams of Cub Cadets
That truck isnt a 3/4 ton, it's a 1 ton, it has the Dana 70 front and the IH corprate rear axle. take a closer look!

DNL

Binder Driver
Yes, you are correct, sir.

Dave

PS That makes it a really poor axle donor, but a very cool truck.

Tommy Lundberg

Farmall Cub
1 ton, Dana 70 and IH corprate... Ops my mistake.
The man selling the truck said D44&D60, I just assumed he was right.
And yes, it looks like a pretty decent truck, Its just me getting desperate for some axles, And you are right "John" it would be a shame tearing it a part just for the axles.

And thank you "pri" for offering your help.