BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW II Ih trucks

Mike Woodman

Binder Driver
There's an M-3-4 on ebay (4553492792) that really got me to daydreaming about what it would look like if it were fixed up. And of course I want it. It's 4X4 but with duallies in front and back. I looked through the Crismon book at all the WWII trucks, half tracks etc. There are some way cool trucks. I keep picturing the M-3-4 at the local truck pulls,I bet it would get a standing ovation just as it is, although it would be sad if someone got it to bastardize into a Monster Truck.

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
I think that seller is dreaming if he thinks he's going to get $1600 for that. It would take a substantial amount of effort get the truck hauled away, let alone back in running condition. From the looks of the home-brew front "duallies".
I'd suspect some hacking has been done in other places over the years. It is cool to look at and fantasize about though.

Roy

ScoutmanSV

Y-Block King
I haven't looked @ the truck on Ebay, but back in the early '70's there was a IH firetruck up here in the mtns that was 4x4 & had dualies all the way 'round. It was a brush truck (crew of 4) & it'd follow the dozers up some awful steep cuts to surround/contain the fire. Had a water cannon mounted on top too, but I don't know how big of a tank it had.

Now they use helicopters, planes & hike into those areas. It was a cool (go anywhere) truck tho'. :)

:D