BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wix 57071?

Binder TV

Sledgehammer

Farmall Cub
Has anyone ever used the WIX 57071 for the SD33T? It is not on the list. I know some of the former NAPA/WIX are not a proper match but this is a different part number. Just curious. Everything looks right. Here it is sitting on the pic from the archive.

Todd

Kurt_M

Farmall Cub
Very interesting, looks like they finally corrected it....application listing on Wix web site lists it as only fitting the SD33 and SD33T.

Sammy

Y-Block King
IIRC, the earlier ones didn't have the correct o rings. Many years ago when I changed the oil in my former SD I pulled three of those o rings out of the housing.

Sledgehammer

Farmall Cub
These came with the two rubber gaskets. One for the top (closed end w/ single hole) and one for the canister body. I ordered these from a filter house online for $11.00 vs the $25-27 from a Scout supplier. Even Rock Auto was higher ($16) for this same WIX filter. I haven't changed the oil yet but I think I might give it a shot this week unless anyone here speaks up.

Todd

Dave Nuenke

High Wheeler
I honestly don't know if this filter is correct now or not. It did not used to be, but that was also 15 years ago. Personally, I have one of the semi custom spin on adapters that use a 7.3 spin on filter. Unfortunately that adapter has been out of production for many years, and there is really no way to get one other than find someone with one they want to sell. I have no idea how many were made, but I'd guess maybe 50 or so. There is also a Nissan spin on adapter that folks have used, I think it takes a rather odd filter, but I don't know for sure, as I have never had one. The correct canister element used to be very had to find and pricey, that's why I went to the spin on years ago.

Dave

Sammy

Y-Block King
I don't think that there were 50 of those 7.3 filters made. Seemed like it was closer to 15 or so since so very few of us got them. I don't know why he never made any more of them.

Sledgehammer

Farmall Cub
I've talked to a couple people that had them and no one ever put a price on one for me. There is a gentleman that is supposed to be getting me a picture of one he would sell but I've been waiting a while on any word from him.

Todd

Jim

High Wheeler
I have been using the Baldwin filters for 20 years, nothing else and so I cant comment on the Wix filter. I know that I bought a case of Baldwins at about $10 per filter many years ago. from an outfit in Portland, OR. I recall I could also order Baldwin filters here in town at a Fleetpride for a decent price. Going to have to order more before too long.

chris rylance

Farmall Cub
The reason I asked was I went to a local filter shop and asked them for the Baldwin 153 and this is what they gave me, seems to fit. I spent a couple days pondering it and comparing them.