Wix 57071?

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech' started by Sledgehammer, May 1, 2014.

1. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Farmall Cub

Has anyone ever used the WIX 57071 for the SD33T? It is not on the list. I know some of the former NAPA/WIX are not a proper match but this is a different part number. Just curious. Everything looks right. Here it is sitting on the pic from the archive.
    [​IMG]

Todd

2. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Farmall Cub

No one changed their oil lately?:)

3. Kurt_M

Kurt_M Farmall Cub

Very interesting, looks like they finally corrected it....application listing on Wix web site lists it as only fitting the SD33 and SD33T.

4. Sammy

Sammy Y-Block King

IIRC, the earlier ones didn't have the correct o rings. Many years ago when I changed the oil in my former SD I pulled three of those o rings out of the housing.

5. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Farmall Cub

These came with the two rubber gaskets. One for the top (closed end w/ single hole) and one for the canister body. I ordered these from a filter house online for $11.00 vs the $25-27 from a Scout supplier. Even Rock Auto was higher ($16) for this same WIX filter. I haven't changed the oil yet but I think I might give it a shot this week unless anyone here speaks up.

Todd

6. Dave Nuenke

Dave Nuenke High Wheeler

I honestly don't know if this filter is correct now or not. It did not used to be, but that was also 15 years ago. Personally, I have one of the semi custom spin on adapters that use a 7.3 spin on filter. Unfortunately that adapter has been out of production for many years, and there is really no way to get one other than find someone with one they want to sell. I have no idea how many were made, but I'd guess maybe 50 or so. There is also a Nissan spin on adapter that folks have used, I think it takes a rather odd filter, but I don't know for sure, as I have never had one. The correct canister element used to be very had to find and pricey, that's why I went to the spin on years ago.

Dave

7. Sammy

Sammy Y-Block King

I don't think that there were 50 of those 7.3 filters made. Seemed like it was closer to 15 or so since so very few of us got them. I don't know why he never made any more of them.

8. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Farmall Cub

I've talked to a couple people that had them and no one ever put a price on one for me. There is a gentleman that is supposed to be getting me a picture of one he would sell but I've been waiting a while on any word from him.

Todd

9. chris rylance

chris rylance Farmall Cub

Did you ever try this filter?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021