BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Year Is My Scout?

Binder TV

ozscout

Farmall Cub
Hey All,

Can anyone let me know how to find out what year my Scout is? I am guessing it is a '63, but that is just a guess. :confused:

Is there a dataplate anywhere I should know about? Also, I am thinking about keeping it original - but maybe lifting it a bit - anyone used lift blocks before?

Thanks

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
ozscout said:
Hey All,

Can anyone let me know how to find out what year my Scout is? I am guessing it is a '63, but that is just a guess. :confused:

Is there a dataplate anywhere I should know about? Also, I am thinking about keeping it original - but maybe lifting it a bit - anyone used lift blocks before?

Thanks
If it's an early Scout (pre-'71) you can use this ID guide. Data plates on the early models (up to about mid '66) are on the left side of the firewall. After that, they are on the door jamb (are on the driver's side in the US).
If it's a '71 or later, it'll be a Scout II. Check this ID guide.

Post up some photos when you can.

Roy

ozscout

Farmall Cub
Well I have had a look for that dataplate and there is nothing there, it looks like it was removed many years ago. Is there a stamped VIN anywhere?

Bill USN-1

Staff member
Not sure on 80/800's. On the scout II it is stamped on the frame in the leftside front wheel well.
It is centered between the axle centerline and the rear spring hanger.

Not sure if IH did the same on the early scouts but it's worth a look.

jeff rotella

Binder Driver
the id tag on my 69 is also on the left firewall (drivers side) maybe you can get a better idea from the engine #. blocks wont work unless you have SOA.but then you won't need it anyway. blocks between the spring and axle on a stock Scout will lower it.

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
Bill usn-1 said:
Not sure on 80/800's. On the scout II it is stamped on the frame in the leftside front wheel well.
It is centered between the axle centerline and the rear spring hanger.

Not sure if IH did the same on the early scouts but it's worth a look.
Check this thread for information on the VIN location on the early Scouts. There are photos, too!

Roy