BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you done to your Scout lately?

Binder TV

63scout345

Farmall Cub
New rear brake discs, hardware and parking brake cables.
Still scratching my head working tuning this two barrel carb.
Cleaned points on the distro.
Covering rust with primer.
Lost of wire brush work and sanding.
May decide to keep this after all.

74binder

Binder Driver
I decided if I kept making excuses about the heat, I'd never get anything done. It was time to get something done. The new Scout Encyclopedia book came a few weeks ago and it caused me to get interested in my project and go to the Nationals this year.

I went and finished cleaning the rest of the frame, started getting the front and rear engine mounts cleaned up, and primered the frame rails inside and out from the back of the cab forward. Satin black soon to follow.

I had bought new Dana OEM differential covers a while back for the D44 front and D60 rear. The stock covers were the thin type, rusted and dented. Time for an upgrade to the thick covers. I shot them satin black and removed the old covers, gasket material and inspected them. The new covers are ready to go on.

Removing the D60 cover was disappointing as for some reason I've always thought the D60 had a Power-Lok differential. It has a Trac-Lok. Oh well, at least it's clean and works.

More to come.

74binder

Binder Driver
Since the Nationals are coming up, I've been trying to figure out what parts I have and what I need to be on the lookout for. I found most of the cab mounts minus one lower can rubber bushing. That's not bad considering the truck was started 12 years ago (I had no idea it had been that long). You misplace and move around a lot of stuff in that amount of time. I found the front and rear engine mounts, cab mounts, and a few other things. I have to figure out if I can repair my transmission cover. It's a bit rusted and bent around the shifter hole for the transmission.

I did some cleaning on various parts, mostly cross members. I also modified the D60 diff cover and did more painting.

Crockett

Farmall Cub
Working on dash and rear circuit wiring while also freshening up tail light and marker light bezels and lenses.
Hope to get it all back together in time to do some topless driving a few weeks before cold weather rolls in and I dive into drivetrain and rehab of a surrogate hard top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74binder

Binder Driver
The other day I decided to take a look at a 304 engine I had that came out of a 1974 Scout II. It was a great runner but was pulled by a local shop for cleaning and gaskets. Once installed the rear main was weeping and the shop couldn't say why. Another engine was swapped and we moved on. I believe the whole issue was a poor job done on the rear main plugs and lack of sealant on the flywheel bolts.

The engine is a bit dirty in this picture but I have begun a thorough cleaning.

74binder

Binder Driver
I've been working to get my cab and frame lined up. The bushings are all in the correct locations but I've still had to use a spacer to level it out. We are getting close to building the engine and transmission mounts. We did a lot of test fitting over the holiday.

86reddawg

Farmall Cub
Hey guys, been a long time since I've had a drivable scout. I recently picked up a 73 only to find some of the previous rust fixes were less than desirable, lol. I got all of the body bolts removed and cleared out what was left of the cab mounts. It's looking like I'm gonna get to cut out the floorboards and start from scratch on this one. On the plus side, the outer skins all look good or were replaced recently, so hopefully not more more rust fixes before I can dive into some drivetrain upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_20170427_191223.jpg
    IMG_20170427_191223.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20170427_215516.jpg
    IMG_20170427_215516.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14

74binder

Binder Driver
Now that it has cooled off a bit, we are back underway building the GM engine mounts. Almost all the pieces are cut and now ready for some fitting and spot welding them together.

Whoo Hoo!

Mustang

Farmall Cub
Sadly all I 've done with mine are miss them and order some misc small parts. Next time I go home i am bringing my 74 back along with a tbi setup. But I think I finally got the bugs worked out of my 66 emb - so it should be for sale soon! on the down side i ran a compression test on my 78 bleep cj and I can't even believe it cranks and runs! used a second gauge just to make sure it was really that low! So my new plan is to get home soon and bring back my 74 and tb I along with new engine for my dd truck. Give Fred (74 scout ll) a good tune -up and dd til truck is back together. After truck is together install tbi on Fred, sell truck and Dd Fred

Josh800A

Farmall Cub
I swapped out the old stock radiator for the new aluminum radiator that came with it. :banana:
Had to drill a few holes and order a couple of new radiator hoses from Napa. I hope they fit. I had to choose them from a book. The fittings on the new rad are 2 inches, the old ones were 1 3/4.