BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you done to your Scout lately?

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

stageman

Farmall Cub
Hey. I am new to the TVB site. I've always been kinda skittish about posting build stuff since the previous jeep forums I was a part of would downgrade everything you did if they didnt know ya. Well, I don't have any time for that. I wanted to post some things I am doing to my scout. I did not want to do a "build thread" seeing how I just like to tinker as money and time permits. I figured this would be cool. Maybe everyone can kinda chime in on posting what they have done to their scouts or others. I kinda broused thru and didn't see anything like this on the TVB site. I like to see what people have done. Anyway, I have a 71 Scout ii. 232 6cyl. It has been SOA but kinda rigged together. The past 2 weeks, I have put new D44 axles in I picked up from Scott Automotive. 4.88 gears, arb rear locker, Chevy disc on front, hysteer. I finished that install about a week or so ago. I have a few bugs to get out (hysterical arm spacers) and I'm all good. Today, I started re-locating the shocks. 1st, are the rear. I picked up some ruff stuff brackets and a great friend of mine speced some shocks for me from rough country. Here is how the rear turned out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

stageman

Farmall Cub
I have new Ford front towers and new shocks for the front as well. After I complete the front, I'll post some pics. I'm also installing a new winch bumper a good friend fabbed up for me. And to com, plumbing my ARB. Lets see what you've been doing to your scout. Here is a pic of the bumper

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 32

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Looks good!

You pose a loaded question. We have 7 now, one is a parts truck. So, when you ask what have you done to your Scout or other, well, which one? :D

I drove my 75 200 and towed a 74 Travelall out of a junkyard in Portland TN last week. I am going to install a console lid on Mrs JJ's 79 Scout on Monday along with some other incidentals. I hope to wash my 73 Travelall and wax my 74 100 this next week. Hope to get some love in on my 76 Terra before the summer gets away from me. I am also working on an autobroker to get my 73 Wagonmaster here to TN from CO. Whew, these things are running my life.....

JJ in TN

Anthony Weigant

Farmall Cub
I think I know those axles....... If so, I'm glad to see them under your rig!

Perfect timing for this thread, I just spent the day piddling in the garage on pawpaw. I converted it to manual choke last weekend, so there was some fine tuning there, then I chased down a blower motor gremlin (I got bit by the p.o. bug), and since I had to pull the dash pad and cover, I decided to replace some vent tubing I had in the garage. Now the driver side defrost works, and no more wiping the windshield off while driving down the road! Also installed a new sanden 508 compressor and bracket. Still need to get a new belt (old one too long), wire it, source some new service valves and a receiver/drier, then it's off to Mr. Scott for a vacuum check and chilly air charge. Hopefully cold air by the end of this week! I'm just too old for the "2 x 60" method......

Oh, and don't worry about us flaming you for posting up work on your rig. We all know it's weird enough to have one of these, so what's the point in b:censored:ing about it?

Caveblazin

Farmall Cub
I just added a new set of D44's with the SOA setup, added some 33's and just ordered a brand new aftermarket AC for my new Terra... Yawn... Wow that was a great dream, who am I kidding I haven't even picked the truck up from Doug yet. Sounds like your on a solid path to an awesome ride. Keep us updated!! Sadly I know what your talking about when it comes to people flaming others about what they should or shouldn't do with their ride oh and you misspelled a certain word. Piirate is horrible about it..

Tucker H

Farmall Cub
I just read all these planned out and awesome little projects :punk: and all i have done is put the top back on mine:) and took the passenger seat out by unbolting it from the base while it rained on me:confused:......:oops:

stageman

Farmall Cub
Gonna start tomorrow, I hope, on putting my long travel shock towers and new shocks on the front. Had to take the top off for a bit tho.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 34

Anthony Weigant

Farmall Cub
Gonna start tomorrow, I hope, on putting my long travel shock towers and new shocks on the front. Had to take the top off for a bit tho.

Looks good!

I'm really starting to miss having a Scout in the garage. Nothing against the D truck, just missing my Scout.

Oh, and I haven't hit a lick on the truck lately...:no:

Caveblazin

Farmall Cub
Yeah I'm just having logistical issues on my part. I've been workin 16hrs a day YIKES!! I figure this week ill go get it and start planning the paint job for it. Sorry yall the Camo has gotta go!!

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Hey Spencer,
I could probably help you, but it might be a couple of weeks. The parts Travelall is on my trailer right now, but I intend to get it to PSC Metals in the next week or so. Then I will have an open trailer. Call me...

JJ in TN

stageman

Farmall Cub
Started my long travel front shock/ford towers tonight. My lord. I think I'm totally over thinking it. Angles here, angles there......

stageman

Farmall Cub
Started my long travel front shock relocation today. I got the passenger side done.

Attachments

• IMG_20130628_162455_245.jpg
    IMG_20130628_162455_245.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20130628_162503_541.jpg
    IMG_20130628_162503_541.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20130628_162511_401.jpg
    IMG_20130628_162511_401.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

63scout345

Farmall Cub
I got the carb cleaned up and drove it about 3 miles! I also found out my transfer case likes to slip out of 2 Hi. Add that to the list of things to fix.....at least I have a few weeks before I start classes again.:rockon:

Caveblazin

Farmall Cub
Today I went over my newest edition and figured out what all needs to be done. Here is my list of things to do.
Sound deaden the front cab area and reduce the heat coming from the engine
Rear quarter arch repair
A few smaller patch panels in the bed area
A paint job (nothing special)
New body mounts
New spring bushings
New F & R brakes
Rear brake line
That's it for now but its a good start...

Attachments

• Arch repair.JPG
    Arch repair.JPG
    530.3 KB · Views: 14

63scout345

Farmall Cub
My choke cable had separated in the cab and it was running rough. Today I pulled the cable and reseated the outer sheath, then used a little solder to keep it together. After reinstalling I adjusted the timing and tuned the carb. It sounds great idling around 750 rpm.

Next up is rewiring one of my radiator fans that didn't work after the rewire job. That'll be follow with some transfer case troubleshooting.

Small victories....

Last edited: