BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to derust

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
Worked most of the day with phosproric acid,and sand paper.Have an nos scout rear floor that is total rust on both sides.Tried sandblasting,but was taking for ever as compressor wont keep up.Acid is slow,working but not as well as I thought it would.
Jeff

IHC-fan

Farmall Cub
Have you ever tried electric derusting? I tried it on some brake back plates and it cleaned out the rust down to the bottom of the pits. If the floor pans will fit in a kiddy pool or tarp filled with water and washing soda, add in a battery charger you are golden.

Jeff Jamison

I have read on that,but this is a complete scout rear floor.To big to try that way.Trying to get all my parts cleaned and primered as to keep my scout down time as short as posible when I start the body work.

Dana Strong

If you build a small frame of 2 x 4's and then line it with some 6 mil black plastic sheeting, having it sit on a flat level surface like a driveway, you have a cheap but effective tank suitable for the electro-derusting. Just need to be careful not to tear the plastic when moving the sheet metal.