BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelette to Dodge Chassis

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Beautiful work, what kind of welder are you using? I'm planning to buy a decent welder before starting on the kids future projects... currently using an old blue harbor freight... fine for patching sheet metal but definitely wouldn't trust it for anything structural.

JB M715

Farmall Cub
Thanks for the compliments guys!!

The floor height is the same as the factory floor, the pedals are just pulled all the way forward.

I'm using a Millermatic 250, works great with .035" - .023" wire and 75/25 mix gas, just a bit of a struggle welding outside. Most of this was done with a tarp over the welder, the leads off the ground and cardboard blocking the wind (finally got some winter weather in California).

Michael1971

Farmall Cub
Looks like some real great work here definitely be watching this thread now in the future.

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Dont back down now! Plus if the cabin is airtight you're gonna have trouble closing your doors unless you roll your window down every time.. I cut square holes in those bubbles on the side of the firewall for a "cabin filter" and am sealing if off from those louvers/ gills.. those up top will feed my turbo

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Had a real fun time trying to spray my corotech polyamide epoxy primer yesterday through a 1.8mm tip, absolute nightmare

JB M715

Farmall Cub
Firewall is tacked together. I should be able to pull the engine without pulling the cab, pull the cylinder head without pulling engine and have room for some thick sound insulation. It's not terribly intrusive on the passenger compartment, but I will have to put the AC/Heat Evap in the center console, it's just too big to fit under the dash with the exhaust down pipe on that side.

Int 81 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Int 83 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Are you planning to run an intercooler? I had intended too im still a ways off on decision I might opt for a smaller one, a liquid to air plus a little idea i had, or not run one at all.

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Yes, planning to run the factory intercooler, radiator and AC condenser.
Right on same here, cleaned out my heater core box real good, cleaned the ductwork and wrapped it in insulation, and bought a new evap core and accumulator for good measure.. probably should have gotten a new heater core but im cheap and can live without heat for awhile if any problems arise. Im really struggling with the idea of leaving the engine where its at and losing both intercooler and mech fan.. I'll probably never pull over 5,000 lbs

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
side note these dodge truck guys often complain the AC is not cold enough, 1 guy put valves and Ts on his heater core lines, claims with the valves closed 10+ degree colder air.

JB M715

Farmall Cub
Thanks for the offer but I'm planning to use a Vintage Air Gen II Super in the center console.