BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelette to Dodge Chassis

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

goodyz

Farmall Cub
I've been thinking about a Dodge chassis w/ 12V Cummins swap for my crew cab for years. Very interested in your build. Good luck and I'm subscribed!

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Beautiful man, looks like a beast, definitely going to have to do some major trimming on those fender liners!

JB M715

Farmall Cub
Thanks, the original fender liners are pretty beat up so I will probably make from scratch to help package the two batteries and work around those coil/shock towers.

Sitting under its own weight again with Thuren Fabrication 3" coils and King shocks.

Time to cut the floor out of the cab!

Int 56 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Int 58 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Int 59 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Awesome, just got mine in the garage has it ductless blasted, rain got to it even though I had a "waterproof cover" on so picked up some unwanted surface rust. I'll get a thread going in the not too distant future, and wanted to mention.. not sure what cargo area was like on the B series but I'm planning to relocate my batteries to the rear just food for thought!

EDIT: I'm an idiot... was thinking this was a travelall!

JB M715

Farmall Cub
Awesome, just got mine in the garage has it ductless blasted, rain got to it even though I had a "waterproof cover" on so picked up some unwanted surface rust. I'll get a thread going in the not too distant future, and wanted to mention.. not sure what cargo area was like on the B series but I'm planning to relocate my batteries to the rear just food for thought!

EDIT: I'm an idiot... was thinking this was a travelall!

What did you pay to have it blasted, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm bouncing back and forth over having it blasted, sanding everything my self or buying a sand blasting attachment for a pressure washer.

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
What did you pay to have it blasted, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm bouncing back and forth over having it blasted, sanding everything my self or buying a sand blasting attachment for a pressure washer.
I only had the exterior shell blasted.. not including the roof, doors, fenders, hood, or tailgate.. I was trying to spend as little as possible on it. Paid $400 it was worth it, next project I will more than likely wire wheel it with the $5 knotted wire wheels from harbor freight the 4.5" ones have been doing beautiful on the undercarriage.

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
A little teaser of the undercarriage on mine. Some areas the coating was failing, some areas looked like just dust and hit it with the wheel real quick and didn't look like there was any paint or coating! Other areas coating came off easily and had paint underneath or coating was real stubborn coming off. The thick rib back was about 2 hours

Attachments

• 20200105_174727.jpg
    20200105_174727.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34

JB M715

Farmall Cub
A little teaser of the undercarriage on mine. Some areas the coating was failing, some areas looked like just dust and hit it with the wheel real quick and didn't look like there was any paint or coating! Other areas coating came off easily and had paint underneath or coating was real stubborn coming off. The thick rib back was about 2 hours
Nice! Looks great.
Yeah, I love the knotted wheels on a 4.5" angle grinder, just be prepared to look like a porcupine when your done. I did just buy a 9" angle grinder and will buy the some knotted wheels for it!

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Nice! Looks great.
Yeah, I love the knotted wheels on a 4.5" angle grinder, just be prepared to look like a porcupine when your done. I did just buy a 9" angle grinder and will buy the some knotted wheels for it!
Oh man that things gonna get heavy quick, I wouldn't dare go underneath with my 7" grinder.. I've gotten some good ol wirewheel acupuncture several times now, had a wire whack me right on my eyelid felt great (goggles were fogging) alright let's see some more progress! My dad's coming over to give a hand this weekend so 2 guys about 6+ hrs we should finally get some serious progress going, snapping shots along the way I'll get a thread going once she's primed up

6BTravelall

Farmall Cub
Looking great man, I'm gonna have to advise against the dustless blast unless you have alot of rust, imo its alot of hassle getting all of the leftover media out. DA sander is probably the best option.

JB M715

Farmall Cub
Slowly chipping away! The floor structure is mostly done, I had to notch the frame pretty significantly to make room for the gas pedal. Next up is rust repair on the cab, then roll cage, then sheet the floor, ...

Seats came from a 2014 F-150, it's going to be a wiring challenge to get it all to work but they have power, heat & AC.

Int 76 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Int 74 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Int 73 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Int 75 by Jasper Brodie, on Flickr

Darrel

Lives in an IH Dealership
For sure. You can weld on my truck anytime. The floor looks too low for the pedal height?