BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toms 79' "WoodBine Beaster" Canadian no longer a mess SSII!

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

winchested

Lives in an IH Dealership
So this just happened. 76 camper special full float 14 bolt. $150. Guess I'm selling the rear 60... Hmm.

Went to look at a rear 60 that turned out to be a 14 bolt.

Searched earlier today for a 14 bolt couldn't find one less than $500 here... Gives I lucked out.
a31a51394209b292bed9bd0104f503a4.jpg

Darrel

That's a great price. You can put c&c hubs on it later if you need to narrow it some.

winchested

That's a great price. You can put c&c hubs on it later if you need to narrow it some.
Yeah don't want to narrow it at all. 67.5" out back is perfect with a 69" front. Pulled the axles they look good. Pulled the cover, and it's an open 4.10. So I'll need a new carrier and some 4.88s.

It may need new hubs they're pretty salted lol.

Disc brake conversion is easy I've already got the calipers and rotors, just need weld on brackets.

* Actually just read there are easy bolt on brackets.

winchested

LOL .. we've all been there - done that ... haha ... and of course I return and do it again and again ...
Yup TMR order I want to place is near $1k, 14 bolt forged 1350 yolk, 13 bolt shave kit, GM brake mounts, pinion guard... Then still need gears and a carrier...

*edit: you can buy thick gears for standard carrier, and you can buy pre shaved gears for the carrier. And a Detroit or grizzly locker drops right in.

And that's just for the rear.

Front needs lunchbox locker, 35 spline stubs, 35 spline lockouts. New PSC ram (different throw) and lines. 1.5" tierod. New and new drag link.

Oh and I should do all new bearings likely.

Already have TMR high steer arms. Spindles, rotors, hubs and brakes.

Like I said a 2 year project which might be done in 1.

Oh and need 5 38-40" tires and 17" wheels. (will try to find used).

Last edited:

Lars-S

Binder Driver
OK .. diff topic for a second .. I am working on poster for this year's car/truck show we are putting on.. I wanted to get a couple of IH and/or real people's vehicles on it. I thought of your Scout for one of the 'rad' vehicles .. it fits the requirements for a Midlife Crisis Truck/Car as its pre 1981 (40+ vehicle).. if you are OK with that then I'll use it.. it won't be a photo but rather a posterized image from one of your photos (more cartoon 2D colors less 3D sharp glossy image)..thanks.

winchested

OK .. diff topic for a second .. I am working on poster for this year's car/truck show we are putting on.. I wanted to get a couple of IH and/or real people's vehicles on it. I thought of your Scout for one of the 'rad' vehicles .. it fits the requirements for a Midlife Crisis Truck/Car as its pre 1981 (40+ vehicle).. if you are OK with that then I'll use it.. it won't be a photo but rather a posterized image from one of your photos (more cartoon 2D colors less 3D sharp glossy image)..thanks.
Heck that would be awesome!

Darrel

Yeah don't want to narrow it at all. 67.5" out back is perfect with a 69" front. Pulled the axles they look good. Pulled the cover, and it's an open 4.10. So I'll need a new carrier and some 4.88s.

It may need new hubs they're pretty salted lol.

Disc brake conversion is easy I've already got the calipers and rotors, just need weld on brackets.

* Actually just read there are easy bolt on brackets.

Just depends on how wide do you want to end up. I have wide axles like that under my Scout and I've always wanted more like 65 front 63 rear. Mostly because I like the look up deep-dish wheels like you have now over the hi backspace wheels I have to run to pull the tires back under the body some. Now if you're going to move up to really huge tires like 40s or bigger then sticking out farther doesn't ruin the proportions so much. But to do that you need to cut the sheet metal back. A lot.

winchested

Just depends on how wide do you want to end up. I have wide axles like that under my Scout and I've always wanted more like 65 front 63 rear. Mostly because I like the look up deep-dish wheels like you have now over the hi backspace wheels I have to run to pull the tires back under the body some. Now if you're going to move up to really huge tires like 40s or bigger then sticking out farther doesn't ruin the proportions so much. But to do that you need to cut the sheet metal back. A lot.
Haha that's the plan much to my wife's hinderance...

Got the kingpings out of the dodge axle with a 1" impact gun I borrowed from work.

Couldn't budge the kingpings on the Chevy lol.

Taking it to work to burn off the spring hangers and the perch. Then cut and turn the knuckles... Got big torches there!

winchested

So my research yesterday points me in the direction of ARB air locker.

From all my reading the Detroit/grizzly will act exactly like the auto locker I had in the back before and I hated it. Everyone says they're great with an automatic, as it keeps enough load on the driveline between shifts whereas the manual does not. I hated the notch jerkyness of it when changing lines or shifting while turning.

So ARB is about $1500 canuck bucks.

The 14 bolt bill just got bigger lol!

Lars-S

Binder Driver
Many good photos on my Instagram too
I'm not on Insta .. and its going to be doctored so no worries.. thanks again.

I'm looking for an angled from the front shot showing all of the front and side. The one with the other rigs is correct but its far away.. Like the one in your profile pic but the entire vehicle..
Far Away Full Side

Last edited:

Lars-S

Binder Driver
Like JJ's want to do a little more work on tires, though here we will see how making them 40's works :O)

TomsWBB-4.jpg

And here it is with 40's

TomsWBB5.jpg

Last edited:

winchested

Like JJ's want to do a little more work on tires, though here we will see how making them 40's works :O)

View attachment 211297

And here it is with 40's

View attachment 211312
Looks mega beef!

Spent 5 hours cleaning up the 14 Bolt today. Ready for the shave Kit! And building new perches etc! Going to need new hubs and bearings. These ones are too far gone.
56bb5d443a862afabe1ecda29e41bb42.jpg

Darrel

Looking forward to this it's been forever since BP had a big tire build. Didn't I tell you to find a 14 bolt like a year ago though. lol. Are you going to weld the tubes? Rock Tactics has some cool low profile perches.

Nice pics, Lars!

winchested

Looking forward to this it's been forever since BP had a big tire build. Didn't I tell you to find a 14 bolt like a year ago though. lol. Are you going to weld the tubes? Rock Tactics has some cool low profile perches.

Nice pics, Lars!
Going to go with ruffstuff or Barnes 3 hole anti-wrap perches.

And yes you did... Then I wasted $2000 on building the 44s with chromo shafts and 1541h shafts. TABOR plates etc. Still running those til these are built and ready to go like I said shooting for 2 years. As the tires/wheels are going to cost $5k easy...