BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The IH fridge watch Forum

Binder TV

jasonzbtzl

High Wheeler
I would really like to get a IH fridge, but unless it's relatively close to me, it would not really be worth it. I'm betting there are others out there like me, so I thought a thread that posted IH fridge sightings and for sale sightings might come in handy. Here one I found recently, please post your findings:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hsh/867395834.html

1977ScoutII

High Wheeler
We have a guy in our club here in Austin trying to get rid of one. Send me PM and I'll get you his contact info.

John Donnelly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think the search for this item might be better served here, and to keep it fresh, I have stuck the thread.

-John :)

hoosier

Farmall Cub
Do freezers count??? YOU KNOW IT! How else are we gonna make beer popsicles.

BT

I am now on the hunt for an IH fridge in San Diego.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
Had a bead on one for free up in WA a couple months ago...the problem was, I'm not back in WA for another month.

Said it was old but still running.

Would have been a great addition to my man cave!

Bill USN-1

Staff member
Had a bead on one for free up in WA a couple months ago...the problem was, I'm not back in WA for another month.

Said it was old but still running.

Would have been a great addition to my man cave!

Well The "FREE" fridge came back up.
this time it was $25.

Had the son go pick it up, 60 mile drive. Glad I have a 7.3L IH now.

Turned out to be a 1950 model in good working order.
Better pics when I can.

fridge_3.jpg
fridge_2.jpg
fridge_1.jpg

Thomas

Dreams of Cub Cadets
---Can we possibly get a category for IH Refrigeration? General Forums | IH Refrigeration or the likes?

---Not a major concern to me cause I only own one*, but was just about to post and saw it was moved...

Thomas

Dreams of Cub Cadets
---Recently there was a post in Tech Talk, Gary Billing's "My Newest IH!", regarding his purchase... or wife's, or a 1950 fridge. FWIW, he's also* added another, original even, piece of IH Refrigeration history to his family...

6oicyp.jpg

. . .... I hope to see it hanging where it belongs in his new fridge, if his fridge has a place for it, when it's restored.

---Anyway, a couple further discussion with him had me mentioning and thinking about my 1949 unit. It is in need of compressor repair or (hopefully not) replacement and I was hoping someone would have a 1949 manual and know it to have disassembly, testing, repair and assembly procedure/instruction so as I can get an ISBN or P/N for the manual.

---Installing a new, modern compressor would be the last* resort even though the nasty insulation was removed and will be replaced with a newer and higher RF material. Yes, if the compressor is salvageable, I do intend on filling it with R12 again. ;) AFAICT, the compressor has never been serviced. The tubing doesn't even have a service valve installed yet that I could see when last inspected, so removing the unit for a compressor part number AFAIK, is not "pertinent at this juncture".

---It's presently subjected to a dishonorable death by being parked against a wall in my back building. I would much rather it be keeping beverages/food cold, and humming along pleasantly with the tunes, while I am working on a project.

mike goodwin

Farmall Cub
Hey Bill!
Here is mine. I bought it from an old man that told me he bought it in 1950 and it had only been unplugged like three or four times since. It is at the "man cave" full of beverages right now.
Mike
3021277209_b7a4b36421.jpg