BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The EVOLUTION Project

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Rough74

Farmall Cub
Normally I stick with the cheap-n-easy mechanical speedo's ~ these electronic ones can be finiky.

Would have gone that way, but I was unable to find these gauges together as a kit with a mechanical speedo.

I think however, I may end up replacing the speedo with a mechanical unit. Autometer says my unit needs to be sent back for inspection. I'll give it a whirl once, if it fails when I get it back, I'll switch to a mechanical unit.

Rough74

Farmall Cub
Couldn't resist taking the top off this weekend. She's now sporting a bikini top hijacked from a CJ7 (thanks for the money saving tip Damian!).

Also trimmed up the fenders. Rear still needs more clearance, but will have to wait for new fenderwells. Fronts came out good though.
evo291m.jpg

Ki Areese

Binder Driver
She's looking great Matt. Thanks for keeping us posted :).

Damian, quick newb question for you. What did you use for the threads on the fuel pump nipples to keep them from leaking? My first thought was teflon tape, but that just seems wrong.

Rough74

Farmall Cub
Evo's sportin a new look. Also went with the original style grill & round headlights, which looks much better IMO. Also (barely visible in pic) a new aluminum radiator (el cheapo summit universal).

0624081345.jpg

dkterra

Binder Driver
Hey Rough 74, Do you still have the 80' grill? If so would you be interested in selling? Let me know I'm looking for a decent used one like that for my 80 Terra:wrench:

Rough74

Farmall Cub
I do still have the 80 grill, email me and we'll make a deal. mlacoco@ls1media.com.

It's also loaded with H4 conversion headlamps, but I'd caution you to ensure the integrity of your wiring before using them, and probably want to put them on a relay.

Udate: The "cutting out on hills" problem I was experiencing has been determined to be a problem in the fuel tank. To be more precise, it seems the pickup is loose and floating or something, causing me to simply run out of gas. Now, who can afford to keep a 33 gallon tank full these days? Seems as long as I keep it 1/2 full, I have no problems (well, except that it leaks when it nears 3/4 full. Fix for that on the list for this weekend. Oh well, I've been looking for an excuse to buy a custom, aluminum tank. :rockon:

0815081258b.jpg

Rough74

Farmall Cub
One of the things that Evo has needed since it hit the road is some work on the wheel wells and rear floor. I'm finally getting around to it, in short intervals anyway, as work allows.

I started this evening with new wheel wells. Instead of cutting them in half, and "stretching" them, I decided to build a new pair from scratch. Need the practice with the welder anyway.

While not completely full length ala Jeep, I wanted some wheel wells that would provide a functional location for mounting various accessories, or even just a cup holder for the kiddos in the back.

After measuring up, I created a cardboard template, professionally constructed using Christmas packaging and masking tape. Once satisfied, I recreated the components using 14 ga. sheet, the same I'll replace the floor with.

Here's what I ended up with. The taper in the back follows the lines of the cage.
DSCF0097.jpg

I lopped off the corner to avoid the sharp angular protrusion causing any problems with getting in and out of the back seat.
DSCF0098.jpg

These will offer plenty of room for the tires to bury themselves in, and just like the rest of Evo, they're :tank:.
DSCF0099.jpg

More to come when I get to the floor and install of the wells.

Damian Grihalva

High Wheeler
evo220.jpg

Hey Damian,
Does Corbeau make a small bench seat like that with a higher back or maybe with a couple of headrests?
Just reading through the build again and thought I'd update my reply to the above question. The answer is yes. Corbeau now offers headrests on their BajaBench seats.

Attachments

• BajaBench42.jpg
    BajaBench42.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 296

grinthor

Farmall Cub
More pics ~

Stepping back and taking a few shots.
evo96.jpg

evo97.jpg

evo98.jpg

I know this an old build but I just gotta say as an ironworker I am very impressed with the welds. Namely the tube to the plate welds, pretty difficult and as far as I can tell you did a wonderful job.:punk:

orodos

Farmall Cub
This is an awesome build. Damian, did you ever add those new fenders in? Have you done anything else to this build?

Rough74

Farmall Cub
Here's a few shots of how this rig ended up. It's for sale if anyone interested.

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 421
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 431
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 455
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 474

Rough74

Farmall Cub
A few more pictures to show just how far this thing has come...

Attachments

• IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 360
  • IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 361
  • IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 379
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg