BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SSII sunvisor clips

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Chris Keck

Binder Driver
Any body got any pics of what the orig SSII sunvisor clips look like, mine was missing the sun visors, clips and I was told they are different then the normal scout 2 ones, any help would be great. Also does anyone know if anybody is redoing the Manufactor GVW tag that is on the DS kick panel on a SSII and on the hinge piller on a regular Scout 2?

William1275

Farmall Cub
I guess I will have to take a look at mine as the last time i looked at them they match ones found in a scout that came with a hard top, but then again i wont put it past one of the previous owners on changing it on me.

As for the tag, just take a really nice close up photo of it and produce it yourself with either the photo or use Word or something.

Bill

Don Howell

Farmall Cub
Chris, my SS is parked next to my Scout II, so here is the comparison. The SS sun visor clips are rectangular (1.25" long and .5 " wide), tan colored, plastic and mount differently than the SII. The SS clips have a .5" wide U channel on one end that latches the sun visor but the channel opening points toward the front seats and the mounting hole is at the other end of the clip. The SII metal clip's U channel opening is toward the windshield and its mounting screw is located in the channel itself. I think the alignment pins are different in both places too - meaning you cannot use SII clips on an SS. Hopefully Paul and some of the others will post a picture - I am camera challenged at the present. I am now wondering if these clips were used on other IH vehicles (T'All, Pickups, etc) that might be another source.

Don

pweeks3

High Wheeler
Been meaning to post up for a while on this. I did replace my original plastic sunvisor clips in my SSII with Scout II clips. The ones that the channel opening faces the windshield. I had to replace the plastic ones as they don't hold the visor in place anymore.

JasonR.

Binder Driver
Not very good pictures but you get the idea.

The are (were) white rubber and mounted parallel to the visors.

Attachments

• SSII visor clips.JPG
    SSII visor clips.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 68

bull

Binder Driver
Tons of pics if you scroll...the source if one even exists is the issue or what else that particular style of visor clip was used on would be great...may be i just dont understand your post jeff..but in case you want a photo i posted the lil guy

Attachments

• 20170402_204624.jpg
    20170402_204624.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
Binder TV
Binder TV