Small wheeling trip Aug. 2

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by Monte Lauer, Jul 21, 2008.

1. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

I'm not in charge of this run but I don't see why not. I don't think your rig will have any trouble. Mogs stock were 100,000 times more capable than most other rigs. But you already knew that ;)

2. Brandon314159

Brandon314159 Farmall Cub

By the way...would be coming from Beaverton and thus via Highway 47. Meeting with the "Newberg" crew at Bald Mt. Road and Meadowlake Road? What time?

Thanks! I'll have to pluck the CB from the other vehicle to bring with. CH22 it is.

3. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

We are grouping up at around 7:20-7:25 in front of Carlton pack. So that puts us at the bald mt rd/meadow lake rd intersection around 7:45-8. See you there!

4. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Well, the rattle trap S*** box survived another trail run. I was denied TWICE. Its been a long time since Lil' Green met an obstical it couldnt get through. It was a huge group so I didnt get pics of everybody. Here are the notable notables

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Monte Lauer

Monte Lauer Farmall Cub

We had a great time yesterday. I wish I could have gotten more pictures, but here is a few that I did take. Thanks everyone for making it such a great trip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In this last picture that tiny vehicle at the bottem is Dan.

6. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Its been a long time since I have been that nervous wheeling. That hill was STEEP and loose. My valves were clattering by the time I got stopped at the little cut out. It was so soft, I just couldnt go anywhere but back down. Maybe if I had 500hp, full tube buggy, and nothing to live for, I might have tried a little harder. But, I didnt see anybody elses skirt behind me, so I guess I'm just that hard core:gunsmilie:
    [​IMG]

7. terryd

terryd Binder Driver

well, everyone knows I have a lot of balls (almost 1,000,000 at last count) but I wouldn't even try that! Gotta hand it to you!:gun_bandana:
    I had a great time! I loved seeing new territory! Here's a few pics I took.

Dan giving it his all!

[​IMG]

Damn! it's a long way up!

[​IMG]

Gotta love the view!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Board meeting

[​IMG]

Toyota goes up in smoke!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Nice pics. I love the Mogs. Some day I will have one, or parts of one:batman:

That climb was so steep. I felt like an astronaut ready for take off when I finally stopped moving forward. The dirt just wouldn't support me anymore.

I was happy to see the Girl Scout run so well. You guys made that other steep climb, when you were behind me, look easy.

Monte- Who do we have to talk to, to organize some trail building or adoption? That place is prime location but it needs something besides retardedly steep climbs. More flat and technical so the carburated guys can hang. Do some scouting this year, before the snow hits, and then try and build or fix next summer when the snow melts off.

9. terryd

terryd Binder Driver

No one is happier than me!

She does climb well!

10. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It looks like you guys had a great time!! I am so jealous, I was thinking about you guys yesterday while I was stuck at work. I am really looking forward to the September 6th event and I should be able to make it. I'll either have the day or take some leave to make it. I got word of my schedule once I am out of training and I have a feeling this maybe my last opportunity for a wheeling trip for quite some time. :(

11. Monte Lauer

Monte Lauer Farmall Cub

Dan I totally agree.

I have talked several times to the head guy at the Tillamook office about this very thing. He keeps telling me he will get back to me after he gathers more info, but then he never gets back to me. I call again and he gives me the same routine. I know they are busy and building and adopting trails aren't high on the priority list. I will shoot the guy another e-mail and call again, maybe I can get somewhere this time.

12. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

I'm familiar with him. I don't know his name but I do know he is NOT on our side. We need to go over his head.

13. Monte Lauer

Monte Lauer Farmall Cub

I will get you his e-mail address and maybe we can both bother him. This guy is new to the OHV job, he started late last fall. The lady that was running it before was all for us building and doing things up there, but when she left all our plans went to s***.:mad:

14. Monte Lauer

Monte Lauer Farmall Cub

I rode with Dan on one these trails and even though he didn't make it, he gave it one H*** of an effort. His efforts were very impressive and he didn't give up easily. Thanks for letting me ride along Dan, I loved watching you work.

15. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Thanks Monte. The scout does most of the work. I just push pedals and pick gears.

As for the ranger, send his addy over. I'll drop some names and see what I can do. I have professional trail building experiance as well as the 'official forest service guide to trail building'. Maybe we should poke around and see who else is trying to do the same thing, maybe tag team this guy. Strength in numbers right?

16. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

But after one year you will have 12 days of vaction on the books.... use them wisely...

17. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, thats a good point, but I have to bid vacation 6 months in advance, so unless we've got some great planning skills, I don't know how well that would work. I guess it's time to fire up the old crystal ball!

18. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

Easy.. Bid... wait... win... then post where your going to be and when. They will show up.

Besides it will be the second event that is planned out more than a few months in advance ;)

19. Brandon314159

Brandon314159 Farmall Cub

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great time! The radiobox mog didn't take any damage...I guess I wasn't driving good enough! :tt2:

Had a good time...sorry we had to take off early for the Rally. Ended up driving right past the staging area during the road rally the next morning. Lots of miles on the mog!

Pat and I have some videos up on you-tube...but not many as we didn't bring the real vid cam.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Brandon314159
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PJCroskey

Loved the badass scouts! Thanks for having us along.