BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small wheeling trip Aug. 2

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
H E L L yeah! A volvo and a mog. That would be sweet. Maybe Monte should be the new trail boss. My runs never turn out that cool.:no:

Dan here is a pic of the Volvo you will see this weekend.

picture_138.jpg

binderbound

High Wheeler
I know jenn prepped her scout this weekend. I'll give mine the once over Thursday. Well probably load up friday after work.

Lookin forward to it.

dboy

Farmall Cub
Dboy, your Scout was spotted on Mt. Mazama today. Does that mean you are ready to wheel this weekend?:yes:

the spies are everywhere......

yeah i got the tranny back and installed friday. went wheeling sunday, eveything checked out great. but im going to sand lake for a 4 day weekend with the familly this coming weekend so im not going to be making it. i thought this trip was further down the road. dang...next time.

you guys scout it out and we'll plan another one if its good.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
I installed the new radiator, changed the thermostat, and installed the new thermal switch on the electric fan. The trail scout is ready to go.

FYI be prepared to eat alot of dust.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
the spies are everywhere......

yeah i got the tranny back and installed friday. went wheeling sunday, eveything checked out great. but im going to sand lake for a 4 day weekend with the familly this coming weekend so im not going to be making it. i thought this trip was further down the road. dang...next time.

you guys scout it out and we'll plan another one if its good.

Yes, I have spies. :whistling:

Dang it:2guns: I wish you were coming along. Maybe next time.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
OK, for those of you who are meeting me in Willamina be at Coyote Joes at 7:00 AM. We will depart after everyone arrives and head for Ginger Creek.

For those of you who are coming from Newberg, we will meet you at the rock quary/rock pile on Ginger Creek Rd sometime between 8:00 and 9:00 AM.

The official cb channel is 22. I think you can even get cell signal from the rock pile.

Bring everything you need to get through the whole day.

Monte

binderbound

High Wheeler
I installed the new radiator, changed the thermostat, and installed the new thermal switch on the electric fan. The trail scout is ready to go.

FYI be prepared to eat alot of dust.

That will be a change for me. Usually I'm in the front. Oh well, it will be nice following for a change. Hope we can cover some ground with a group this big. See you up there!

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Friday weather report says rain :) , but Saturday looks to be sunny. Hopefully we will get enough rain to knock the dust down and make things a little challenging.

binderbound

High Wheeler
Friday weather report says rain :) , but Saturday looks to be sunny. Hopefully we will get enough rain to knock the dust down and make things a little challenging.

I have my goggles and bandana ready for dust. I'm really looking forward to this run. See some different trails. Any rocky, technical stuff?

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
I have my goggles and bandana ready for dust. I'm really looking forward to this run. See some different trails. Any rocky, technical stuff?

There are still alot of trails I haven't seen yet. Big Bertha is probably the most technical I know of. It is rutted, rocky, steep, and I don't know anyone personally who has made it. Just tell my buddy Chris what you are looking for and he will show you the way.

binderbound

High Wheeler
Sounds good to me. The steep isn't my most favorite but as long as I don't take the quick way down, I'll be fine.

I just spent 2 hours under my rig. I guess when you make everybody elses junk cool, you let yours go. Pretty much every bolt in my entire drive train was loose. I was missing some too. I added another bolt to my console to keep the rattles down. Hooked one of my rock lights back up, doubt I'll need it but, what ever. Topped all my fluids again. I'm using about a gallon of water a trip, that's right, USING. Ol' head gasket is probably getting thin. Anybody got an extra scout 800 196 laying around?

Lookin forward to this!

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Dan, I talked to Chris Griffin tonight and told him we needed to find some technical stuff for you. He agreed that both Big and Little Bertha were probably our best bet. We will be running mostly trails, but there are a few rock piles.

10-4 on tightening up the bolts. I climbed under mine tonight to check the nuts on the front driveline at the transfercase. Damn good thing I did. Thanks to Terry for reminding me to check them. After your front driveline mishap I thought it a good idea to check mine.

See you Saturday.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Loctite 242 is your friend!

Loctite 271 is a better friend!:beer:

You know I thought about the loctite last night, but I just tightened them instead. Loctite is in the future plans.

You ready for tomorrow? I still have to top off fluids and pack a lunch. The Volvo may not be coming, but we still have a mogg.

As of last night we had 4 scouts, 1 mogg (maybe 2), 1 dodge truck, 1 bronco, 1 blazer, 1 jeep comanche, 1 cj, and 1 fj.

terryd

Binder Driver
You know I thought about the loctite last night, but I just tightened them instead. Loctite is in the future plans.

You ready for tomorrow? I still have to top off fluids and pack a lunch. The Volvo may not be coming, but we still have a mogg.

As of last night we had 4 scouts, 1 mogg (maybe 2), 1 dodge truck, 1 bronco, 1 blazer, 1 jeep comanche, 1 cj, and 1 fj.

NICE! This is gonna be fun! I agree with Dan, you should be the trail boss!:eek:

I'm a passenger! all I have to do is grab my camera...

terryd

Binder Driver
So when and where should us Newbergians and Dumdeeites meet up?

Also there is some kind of wine - fest going on in Carlton Saturday.
While the traffic shouldn't be a problem early, the radar cops might be.

binderbound

High Wheeler
I figure since there only 3 of us from newberg, we would just meet at the meadow lake/bald mtn rd intersection.

Monte, what's the average set up for the rigs going? I don't want everybody to have to go out of their way just for me to do some climb. If we are all pretty built, then I won't feel bad about it. Besides, I don't know if I wanna be the side show circus for the trail ride :clown:

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
I figure since there only 3 of us from newberg, we would just meet at the meadow lake/bald mtn rd intersection.

Monte, what's the average set up for the rigs going? I don't want everybody to have to go out of their way just for me to do some climb. If we are all pretty built, then I won't feel bad about it. Besides, I don't know if I wanna be the side show circus for the trail ride :clown:

Dan, most everybody coming along are driving up there in there trail rigs, so not much set up. As far as you being a side show don't worry. You won't be the only one to try Bertha. We will be going right by it anyway. We have another little hill climb with a lip at the top you might be able to make. I have seen quads make it but not a rig

We don't have alot of hardcore rigs in our club. Most everybody's rides are multi purpose. The Monster Beetle is are only hardcore wheeling rig and it won't be there. We are just gonna make a fun day out of it.

binderbound

High Wheeler
Dan, most everybody coming along are driving up there in there trail rigs, so not much set up. As far as you being a side show don't worry. You won't be the only one to try Bertha. We will be going right by it anyway. We have another little hill climb with a lip at the top you might be able to make. I have seen quads make it but not a rig

We don't have alot of hardcore rigs in our club. Most everybody's rides are multi purpose. The Monster Beetle is are only hardcore wheeling rig and it won't be there. We are just gonna make a fun day out of it.

Cool. Its been a while since I have attempted 'un-doable' trails. At least there will be a 'doctor' there. Your like a doctor, right?

Bring the video cameras I guess. We might witness history, or the agony of defeat. I think Chris has as good of chance as I do at making the impossible stuff. He's lower, wider, and has more HP. I'm longer, skinnier, and lower geared. Well see. Yay!

Brandon314159

Farmall Cub
Hey all,

May I come?

I will be bringing my '65 404.1 Unimog Radiobox.

Stock as a rock here...other than the radio goodies and nav equipment inside. Will have to leave so that I can be available in McMinnville about 3pm for the road rally. Thanks!