BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small wheeling trip Aug. 2

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Myself and a few friends are going wheeling Aug 2nd. in the Trask. If anyone is interested PM me for details. This is not a IH exclusive trip, we should have a variety of vehicles from hardcore to relatively stock. Tentatively I would like to leave Willamina about 7 or 8 AM. It takes about 45 minutes to reach the forest trails from there. Come prepared like any other trip with spare parts, tools, fluids, and lunch.

Monte

Chrispucci

High Wheeler
Jenn and I are in.
Still thinking about meeting at the lake?

I'm in!

I'd also be up for not driving all the way to Willimina to cut back part way....
Cutting through Carlton and out Meadowlake Rd is the bees knees for us Newberg/Dundee folk :scooter: (Assuming we are all talking about the same area???)

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Yes Chris, Meadowlake Road and a right up Ginger Creek. There is a little camp on the left up Ginger Creek we meet the Yamhill/Carlton Gang. It provides parking and a place to unload trailers. I will have more details about exact times next week.

binderbound

High Wheeler
Yeah, trailer parking is a must for us show rigs. I'm not hardcore enough to drive to and from the trail :clown:

Sounds fun.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Yes Chris, Meadowlake Road and a right up Ginger Creek. There is a little camp on the left up Ginger Creek we meet the Yamhill/Carlton Gang. It provides parking and a place to unload trailers. I will have more details about exact times next week.

Chris, I gave bad directions. After some further discussion and planning you will need to take Meadowlake Rd to NW Nestucca Access Rd and follow that to Ginger Creek Rd. You will need to turn right on to Ginger Creek Rd. Follow Ginger Creek Rd. on up the hill until you come to a rock quarry/rock pile. We will meet there. This should provide enough room for parking. Chris I know you probably have already done this, but try to get online and find a map and follow the route from Meadowlake Rd. Some of these roads are not well marked and it would suck if we didn't meet up. Here is a link to a map that may help. Pay no attention to the red bubble, that just marks Ginger Creek itself. You should be able to zoom in and follow the route I've explained. Good Luck. I will know what time we will meet next week.

http://oregon.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,1121142,n,Ginger%20Creek.cfm

binderbound

High Wheeler
Jenn and I will be riding in the upper nestucca rec area this weekend. I have a map for up there but it doesn't show any class 2 trails. I hope these are legal trails. I don't wanna get my rig impounded.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Jenn and I will be riding in the upper nestucca rec area this weekend. I have a map for up there but it doesn't show any class 2 trails. I hope these are legal trails. I don't wanna get my rig impounded.

Do you got a map that looks like this. It has the legal trails clearly marked. No impound next weekend.:tt2:

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Oops I forgot to post the picture of the map.:wacko:

100_4219.jpg

binderbound

High Wheeler
No. Mine is all black and white. Its labeled 'Upper Nestucca OHV Trail System' and it was printed by the BLM in 2005. It has the Nestucca access rd on it but no where is ginger creek rd. The is old bald mt rd and then Hoag pass rd, then camp cooper rd. East line quarry is left after camp cooper rd. I'l check out your link-ed map. I'm sure we'll find it.

*EDIT* I looked at your map. My map is all south of ginger creek and thats why its not showing up. I/we shouldnt have any trouble finding you guys up there.

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Dan, I got my map at the forestry office in Tillamook. They also have them at the office in Forest Grove. There is a few closure of trails in the Tillamook Forest due to fire restrictions, but I don't see any closures where we are going as of yet.

Mike Roth get someone else to drive the fire truck and come join us.

Daniel get your tranny put back in and come join us. My son has been watching your progress, he wants to see that thing wheel.

Jim Molloy

Farmall Cub
Monte,

Would you mind a Volvo C303 tag along?

In years past, for Northwest MogFest, we have had an overnight trail ride starting at Brown's Camp. This year, with the MVPA 2008 convention being held in Portland the same weekend as NWMF08, we are looking at trail options in the Trask on order to reduce some travel time.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
http://www.volvo4x4.com

Brandon314159

Farmall Cub
Hey all,

I just want you to be aware that there is a Road Rally going on that same weekend in the TSF/Trask area. Its not a speed race, but some of those guys move pretty fast. Looking at about 40-50 competitors spaced at 2min driving on these roads. For more information please visit: http://twistyroads.net/

It is a very fun event that starts at 6pm and goes until 6am the next day (12 hours of racing!) It is a time distance race so competitors don't want road delays and I'd hate anyone to mix vehicles on a back country road at speed!

I will be doing radio communications during the event and running a checkpoint. We are using the 146.640- repeater and I'll be monitoring 146.520Mhz simplex. (Ham radio).

Please let me know if you have any questions, or want some contact info. I'll be bringing a 1965 404.1 Unimog Radiobox for the event so if anyone needs a tug out of a nasty spot. ;)

Thanks guys! I will be watching and may join you earlier in the day!

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Monte,

Would you mind a Volvo C303 tag along?

In years past, for Northwest MogFest, we have had an overnight trail ride starting at Brown's Camp. This year, with the MVPA 2008 convention being held in Portland the same weekend as NWMF08, we are looking at trail options in the Trask on order to reduce some travel time.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
http://www.volvo4x4.com

Jim, you are always welcome to tag along. I love your Volvo, it might be a tight squeeze in a few places though.

binderbound

High Wheeler
H E L L yeah! A volvo and a mog. That would be sweet. Maybe Monte should be the new trail boss. My runs never turn out that cool.:no:

Monte Lauer

Farmall Cub
Yes, the trip appears to be shaping up nicely. A Volvo, some Toys, a Blazer, a couple of Dodges, a Comanche, and alot of Scouts all have made the commitment.:clap:

Dan, I would prefer you remain Trail Boss. That job comes with to much stress.:taz:

Dboy, your Scout was spotted on Mt. Mazama today. Does that mean you are ready to wheel this weekend?:yes: