BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"slop" in shifter

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

nekbinders

Binder Driver
My 75 200 has a bunch of slop in the automatic shift lever. I found the problem to be on the pivotal linkage on the transmission. Has anyone rebuilt the bushings? They don't really look serviceable, but I am sure there is a way. Funny, I looked at all my other trucks and found that 75 is different than the others. The 74's had a different style. The 73's had a similar one but angles different. Luckily I have another 75 with an automatic that had decent bushings to tide me over until I can find a good way to fix the original.

Doc Stewart

Content Team
Staff member
Take the bushing or the measurements of the I>D. of the hole and the O.D. of the shaft to a transmission shop. They have lots of bushings.

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
That part is definatly 75 and part of 74 only,parts book doent show it sepratly(some one else looked it up for me,dont have that year)mine is bad to,havent found anything to work yet.
Jeff

nekbinders

Binder Driver
We have an assortment box of bushings at the shop. Not sure if one is big enough. I was planning on using a steel or brass bushing. I'll eventually find something to my likings. Just was looking to see what others have done.