BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Sidewinder" Scout

Binder TV

nickl

Farmall Cub
Has anyone ever heard of a Scout II Sidewinder. It is a 1980 Scout II with a rattle snake and the word "Sidewinder" on the rear passenger quarter panel. Its in a junk yard and is in pretty rough shape. It has a 4 cyl and a soft top.

Thanks
Nick

Carl Wiese

Staff member
nickl said:
Has anyone ever heard of a Scout II Sidewinder. It is a 1980 Scout II with a rattle snake and the word "Sidewinder" on the rear passenger quarter panel. Its in a junk yard and is in pretty rough shape. It has a 4 cyl and a soft top.

Thanks
Nick
I have never head of a Sidewinder scout, however there was a Sidewinder winch company way back when, that could ahve something to do with it.

Erik VanRenselaar

Y-Block King
Carl Wiese said:
I have never head of a Sidewinder scout, however there was a Sidewinder winch company way back when, that could ahve something to do with it.

It was Hickey Enterprises (as in Vic Hickey) that offered the Sidewinder model of winch. AFAIK, there wasn't a separate Sidewinder company.

As for the Sidewinder Conversions, the company's website states they started in 1985, and specialize in custom vans, especially mobility-type conversions. I can't find a pic of that stylized Sidewinder logo (as shown in the archived BB thread) on the company's website.

Wayne_L

Farmall Cub
i have a 8000 lbs side winder here , carries alot of wire rope mine has about 150 feet on it .its not fast but pulls all day long . well worth the 50 bucks i spent . my buddy also has the same winch on his old school bronco ..they just sit low on a cradle type mount ..and they are pancake shaped with a large flat drum . and heavy as hell . but hasnt failed me yet . i use it on the back of my mud truck under the bed .