BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"shrouded" in mystery

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

scoutman800

Y-Block King
picked up a fan shroud for the scout at nats. got it cleaned up, planned to put it on. now as i look at it, i'm not certain how it goes on. clue me in, does the part that extends out with the flat area go to the top and the "longer" part that covers more go to the bottom? i was thinking it bolted on side to side, but am pretty sure it goes bolted top and bottom. checked photopost, but didn't find anything with a search. TIA!

Dennis Bernth

Staff member
It bolts top and bottom to the radiator; I 'think' the shorter end to the top, longer end to the bottom. You should have the 'circle' where the fan fits close to the top. If you have a body lift or anything, you'll have to make up 'spacers' to drop the shroud so your fan will fit. I had to do it anyway on mine, I have poly body mount bushings and worn out motor mounts, so the engine sits a tad lower than normal I suspect. I had to drop mine about an inch.

scoutman800

Y-Block King
thanks mr. bernth, that's how envisioned it. just as well to make up brackets to relocate anyway. gotta fix that cracked tab and do some more work to get it right. fun fun.

scoutman800

Y-Block King
thanks dave!! i kept looking at that hole wondering how it would work if all the air just went thru it. of course if you don't actually drive your scout to nats you don't need a shroud anyway..............:no:

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
Tom
I cut mine on both sides,and made 2 peices of tin and 4 bolts to put it back together.Makes it alot easier to remove when working on front of engine,fan,water pump.
Jeff

scoutman800

Y-Block King
jeff, i was kinda thinkin' along the same lines but with plastic. i have some plastic sheets that would cut and bend to work. just gotta make sure they won't flex too much.
dave, sorry, i always go for those cheap shots!:yes:

Dave Meyers

Binder Driver
jeff, i was kinda thinkin' along the same lines but with plastic. i have some plastic sheets that would cut and bend to work. just gotta make sure they won't flex too much.
dave, sorry, i always go for those cheap shots!:yes:

Keep 'em coming. As far as not taking my Scout to the NATS, I am prepared for a year of "grief" until I drive it next year. Thank you sir may I have another?

Dave

Jeff Jamison

Dave
You didnt bring your scout,I brought my travelall and my scout.I dont think I ever met you,if I did I must not be putting your name and face together.
Jeff

Dave Meyers

Binder Driver
Dave
You didnt bring your scout,I brought my travelall and my scout.I dont think I ever met you,if I did I must not be putting your name and face together.
Jeff

Hi Jeff, I was the guy without a Scout. I didn't spend alot of time at the show, a couple hours each day, 'cause I made it into a father/son trip with my 8 year old son, Josh. We enjoyed much of what the city had to offer for entertainment, and went swimming at the hotel. Anyhoo, we drove my silver 2000 Cherokee and stayed at the Ramada. Did you stay there, too? There was a travelall and Scout there.

Jeff Jamison

No I camped one exit the other direction from the fair grounds,green 73 travelall in the building,beat up 79 rallye russet color with no top.Maybe see you next year.
Jeff