BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking hood for 66 1100A pickup

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Paul66

Farmall Cub
I am trying to decide between fixing all of the rust holes in my hood or just finding a replacement. Does anyone in the central Texas area have one they would be willing to part with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bussy

High Wheeler
For that year model, you might be better off fixing what you have and just keeping an eye out for one unless you want to do a road trip or pay a lot in shipping. They don't seem to popup much around here. Also, you might check but you may be able to anything from '61-'68.

Paul66

Farmall Cub
Your probably right about fixing what i have. It’s just goi g to be a pain because I need to remove the bracing from under it to cut out and patch the rust holes that are forming

Bussy

High Wheeler
Your probably right about fixing what i have. It’s just goi g to be a pain because I need to remove the bracing from under it to cut out and patch the rust holes that are forming

If you have the skills/tools, I would do it. I don't have either. lol

Randy Z.

Binder Driver
Try cutting out the bad spots first before you gut the hood. Good chance you can pull it off. The only spot welds should be at the far perimeter "Pinch Welds".

stroker3

Lives in an IH Dealership
For that year model, you might be better off fixing what you have and just keeping an eye out for one unless you want to do a road trip or pay a lot in shipping. They don't seem to popup much around here. Also, you might check but you may be able to anything from '61-'68.
61-68 will fit.
61-62 has additional hood emblems ( ''international'' and the usual fender engine tag is on the side of it)

skidder

Farmall Cub
all my parts are rust free,most everyone i know scrap everything they had good and bad when the steel prices were up.big items here are useless to $ to ship any were,if you need a piece let me know,i have a few for cut outs and 3 good ones,

Paul66

Farmall Cub
all my parts are rust free,most everyone i know scrap everything they had good and bad when the steel prices were up.big items here are useless to $ to ship any were,if you need a piece let me know,i have a few for cut outs and 3 good ones,

You have 3 good hoods? If so how much do you want for one?

Bussy

High Wheeler
You have 3 good hoods? If so how much do you want for one?

Shipping may be more than the hood from CA and Fastenal is not currently shipping in/out of CA.

Paul66

Farmall Cub
Shipping may be more than the hood from CA.

I’m sure you’re right. Keep hoping to find one local... not in a real big hurry, I’m still rebuilding the engine and tranny. Hoping to find a few parts I need so they’ll be in hand when I’m ready to reassemble

Bussy

High Wheeler
I’m sure you’re right. Keep hoping to find one local... not in a real big hurry, I’m still rebuilding the engine and tranny. Hoping to find a few parts I need so they’ll be in hand when I’m ready to reassemble

Maybe one of the Gulf Coast guys has one. Some of those guys have 10-15 IHs. Come to the Bash and ask around.

Bussy

High Wheeler
Nice I’ll do my best to make it out there. It’s not all that far from me.

Make sure you tell them you are with the Hill Country Binders, they may give you the 20% discount.

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
Binder TV