BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scout II Wiper Replace

Binder TV

Shnyzx

Farmall Cub
I have a 77 Scout II with "stock" windsheild wipers - Trico Triple Action 11". My question, other than if these are really stock, is how do you remove the blades? I can see a notch in the wiper knuckle with what looks like a spring clip inside of it. If I could figure out how to activate this, I think the whole blade would slide off of the wiper arm pin. Does anybody know if you can get these blades off without drilling out the pin?

RinTX

High Wheeler
A picture of what you are dealing with will help us. Someone will recognize what you have and will be able to tell you how they dealt with it.

Patrick Morris

Lives in an IH Dealership
Yes, a pic would help a lot. However, in any case the blade should have a little tab sticking out on one end of the hinge piece that needs to either be pushed or pulled-on to open the jaw that captures the arm's pin/shaft.

FWIW, here is one of mine. It's a hybrid setup and not exactly like a stock scout's wiper. But you can see the tab I'm talking about. With mind you'd push down (as seen here) to release the wiper. I think with the originals, you may have had to pull it straight away from the slot. So a dental pic or some other small tool could make that a little easier.

index.php

Shnyzx

Farmall Cub
I know, I know. Posted late last night so it was dark. Here are the pix. I've seen shots of others with the external tab, but I dont have that. It looks to be a spring latch mechanism inside. I just need to know which way to push! (If that's how it comes off)

Attachments

• 20210127_085251.jpg
    20210127_085251.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210127_085218.jpg
    20210127_085218.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 83

Patrick Morris

Hmm. We can't see the other side, but based on your description we'll just have to assume it looks like this side for whatever reason.

I assume the overall objective is to replace the rubber-blade portion. Is there any chance you can do just that on these blades, thus avoiding having to pull off the blade assembly? What do the ends of the blades look like? Any chance of sliding out the the blade itself? If so, I can suggest an insert that might work for you.

index.php

Last edited:

Shnyzx

Farmall Cub
Yes it looks like the other side. I'm trying to replace the whole thing to something more modern without trying to modify it. I know I can do replacements inserts, but I'd rather do the whole assembly if I could

Patrick Morris

Well I wouldn't throw those away. I doubt you'll be able to find wipers that fit those arms anywhere near as good without having to do surgery on "more modern" blades. IMO, you're better off replacing just the rubber parts.

Patrick Morris

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Another member, J.J., just posted these pics of his WS in a different thread. You might ask him what kind of blades those are.

index.php

Patrick Morris

And I think @RinTX also came up with some interesting blades that use a small crew/nut combo to attach to the arms. I was reminded of them while perusing an old thread of mine on this subject.

Patrick Morris

I understand completely. There has to be a way. Hopefully someone will jump in with the answer, if you don't figure it out first.

In the mean time, I reaffirm my statement from earlier. I don't thin you will find wipers that attach snuggly/properly to the pins on those wiper arms. They've been out of production for a while.

Patrick Morris

Not the best pic, but have a look at these and see if they might be what you have. (Pic was added by member @jtorre4272). You can see that the slot it locks into is L shaped. Pulling the blade directly away from the arm's pivot, then straight down away from the arm. Like in the 1-2 move shown in the second image. I think there is just a little spring-loaded stop of sorts that you need to overcome.

index.php

upload_2021-1-27_14-39-11.png

Last edited:

RinTX

High Wheeler
Anco 5113 blade. When I bought my Scout that pin must have already been drilled out. 5113 came with a clip and bolt and nut. They appear to be out of production. JJ found a Trico blade that works the same. I’ll look around for the number.
BD26E322-F737-4A47-B9B8-0B2BE16C167A.jpeg

Last edited:

J.J.

Here is the Trico, I just did this on my ‘75. The ones on my ‘76 I don’t know what they are, I won them several years ago at the SEBA Winter Meet and Greet.

124f3ee174035a9c6257a8f4f4a9a5ee.jpg

e58b12f061fc90efe937875957a4cea9.jpg

b73552dc8b96691dec2573e802f93824.jpg

e9053b936e957c7f4b04ef15b1a38aa5.jpg

JJ in TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Morris

Bummer about that. Stainless looks much better.

I'm hanging onto mine. They work great and I can replace just the blade portions cheaply through NAPA. I think I bought myself a 10-years supply the last time around.

J.J.

Maybe there is a stainless option? I bought the Tricos in Colorado before I bought the '75 back, off the shelf at O'Reillys. Think they were around $7. Someone smarter than me probably knows.

JJ in TN