BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scout II Sport Bar: 3 point seatbelts in rear? Why not?

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

terlingualizard75

Farmall Cub
Hey everyone,

I want this roll bar but the D&C website says this bar wont support 3 point seatbelts in rear? I'm at a loss as to why.

Can anyone explain why? I dont understand why I can attach the bungs to the mid point of the diagonal bar and the "feed" portion of the belt to the truck wheel well?

This anything scout build looks like it has the same exact bar. https://anythingscout.com/blogs/builds/44422917-cooks-classic

Thanks,

Terlingua Scout

jmeister

Farmall Cub
The position of that upper mount is critical to prevent injury to the spine in a frontal an accident. It needs to be above and slightly behind the shoulder. You'll notice they raised the mounting point off the tube in the anything scout build. It still looks a bit low. May be fine for a short adult or kids, but might not be appropriate for a full size adult in the back. In order to get it high enough it may be too far forward.