BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Real Steel" movie has a Sightliner in it!

fredsterra

Y-Block King
Thanks Mike!

I saw an IH logo in the comecial but figured it was a butterfly hood Loadstar.

When I got back from Nationals watching Speed Channel. I saw a Royal Purple comercial that had a Sightliner with about a 24' van. It looks like the same truck and the same shot going down the road.:punk:

sullyscout77

Binder Driver
:punk::punk::punk:SAW IT LAST NIGHT & OMG!! BETTER THAN FIRST TIME I SAW ROCKY!!:yes:

Seriously, don't know any man or boy that wouldn't love this movie. BTW Mike, you'll surely get to see every angle of that Sightliner, many times over! Great Movie!!

Brian Huver

Farmall Cub
I am not into movies that much, but I saw that IH Sightliner in a commecial and I asked the wife if she would want to go to the movies with me to see how good this movie was. What a cool truck !! The movie was ok, but the truck was cool as anything.
So my question is : how many of these Sightliners were made? We need to go back to these good ole days where things were made with the American pride.

OhioBoy

Farmall Cub
Saw the movie last Fri- fun stuff! Giant fighting robots!
IH must be a sponsor there are a lot of IH vehicles in the movie. Traactors, too.
The sightliner is throughout the whole movie as it's a road pisture and the main character is driving it.

Scott H

Binder Driver
Saw the movie last Fri- fun stuff! Giant fighting robots!
IH must be a sponsor there are a lot of IH vehicles in the movie. Traactors, too.
The sightliner is throughout the whole movie as it's a road pisture and the main character is driving it.

I don't think they sponsored it, it's just that IH would be the only old iron still running in the future!:punk:
Scott

John Glancy

Farmall Cub
Just for fun here are the US Patents on the Sightliner from Ted Ornas's Patent Book (Thanks to Betsy Blume for saving this info.)

sightliner1a.jpg

sightliner1.jpg

ihscoutlover

High Wheeler
Mike,

Melissa and I saw your Sightliner on American Trucker the other night. Apparently it was at a big rig show in northern Indiana, and it was either being loaded on, or off, but it was your low trailer, and looked to be one of your trucks pulling it. The episode in case you are wondering was one where they highlighted Freightliner, to include the building of Freightliners in their NC or SC facility. It was cool to see some vintage rigs and Melissa wants to go to that show to see the trucks out there. They only got the back of the Sightliner, but I could tell it was the same one you had at the show this year. And you didn't even know you were famous........:clap:

Jeff

Mike Moore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Yeah, dad talked to the folks a lot, and thought it may have gotten more air time...but it is what it is.

JohnnyG77

Farmall Cub
That truck ROCKED in the movie!!

I actually worked on the movie doing Sound Effects and I own a Scout II - small world, go figure! The movie turned out really well and glad to see you guys supporting it! It's a great heart-felt story that can appeal to all.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3323293/