BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"REAL" COMANCHE IN CA?

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Eric VanBuren

Lives in an IH Dealership
That looks like more or less correct. most that I have seen have Comanche letttering on the side, it is very posible it was repainted though. I think that the dash color was unique to the Comanche.

Mitch Neal

High Wheeler
I am going to go out on a limb and say yes it more than likely is a Commanche. It has the correct color on the dash, and they followed the original Commanche graphics scheme when they repainted the outside. You can't be sure without a LST, but I would say it has a 98% chance of being one. Other things that give a clue are the rallye wheels, and the luggage rack, both of which were on the higher end 800s.

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
I agree with Mitch. It looks to have been a Comache at one time. The butterscotch paint on the gauge panel and glove box door are unique to the Comanche. I included a couple of photos below for comparison with an unretouched Comanche. Probably not worth $3k from the standpoint of it being a Comanche though. Too many things changed/altered from the original. Seems to be a pretty solid truck though.
Roy

Attachments

• CraigslistSoCal.jpg
    CraigslistSoCal.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
  • AZIHR2004.JPG
    AZIHR2004.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 41