Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.
Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Yeah she is getting there! Still some things to adress. Since she is a runner again it has decided to leak coolant from one of the freeze plugs on the side of the block and is gonna need a heater core as well. Still a lot of little things to button up but we are on the downward slope of the build !!
Got a few pics to post of some of the finish up items. Eric had ended up with a center console from Steel Horse. It was originally grey but we decided it needed to be black so after a couple coats of vinyl die it looked right.
We also got a new plastic glove box and glove box door installed. The glove box took some trimming to clear the wiper motors but is still a nice upgrade from the old broke down cardboard.
Pic of the console installed, glove box door, and passenger side seat hoop in. Sorry for the dark pic. You can also see the wood bulkhead got hit with some bed liner to make the inside of the cab more uniform.
Also in preparation for the cage to be installed it got set back in the rig, pulled back out, and all the holes drilled. The cage will be tied to the rock sliders for a fully rigid mount.
Dig this shot. Love the brow bar!!
Also got the side mirrors installed. I have used these on other builds in the past. They are from a early 80 Toyota pickup. They are a nice no frills black plastic mirror that fit the curve of the door on the 800's and SII's perfect.
Also with the rig sitting as long as it had I had a problem with the needle sticking shut on the carb. If it can stick closed it could just as easily stick open so we opted to throw a full renew kit at it.
Nah we are on vacation. LOL. No we have quite a bit of things done and I have some pics I need to upload. Just some things off the top of my head. Cage is back in and tied to the rocksliders, Tach was added and mounted to the dash bar on the cage. I had a heck of a time getting the fuel senders to work with the new gauges and ended up taking a universal sender and the flange off the old sender and making one that worked right. Sounds easy but that took some doing. Also some lights were added to the front bumper and a relay and switch wired in. The top got shot with UPOL black and is ready to go back on. So yeah we are still working on it. I will get some pics up in the next few.
Time for my last update in this build. This has been an awesome project and I really enjoyed working with Eric and his father to create their ideal Scout. The project is now at home with its new owner after this weekends pickup. Anyway here are the last of the pics I have for this one. For the exhaust we went with some melotone knock offs and 2.5 " pipes all the way back from the collectors. Gave it a really nice sound!!
On one of our test runs to town upon return I noticed the Tcase was leaking fluid from the vent cap. We had already planned to change the fluids in the trans and Tcase but I figured this was gonna require one step further. When I popped the fill plug on the 20 it was well over a quart over full so out it came and so did the adapter plate to receive a new seal between the two. While the tcase was out it also got a set of new output seals.
Also got a new front main seal installed.
And for the last some shots of it all put back together. Huge thanks to Eric and his dad Gregg for letting me do my thing!!!! You guys were great!
In the next few pics you can see the bed cover we had made for it.