BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project Fully Involved - 1969 IH 1300D Foundry Pump Truck

mjmck

Farmall Cub
What is the bonded title costing you or is there a way around that?
Actually no title for 1972 and older, transferrable registration only in NYS. Thus the issue as the vehicle has never been registered as it was a site truck its entire life.

Darrel

Lives in an IH Dealership
Actually no title for 1972 and older, transferrable registration only in NYS. Thus the issue as the vehicle has never been registered as it was a site truck its entire life.

I see. In Colorado registration drops out of the system after 7 years so all they care about is the title.

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Remember you may need to have your insurance card with you as well. If you want those historical plates, your insurance ID card needs to have HISTORICAL on it.

mjmck

Farmall Cub
Remember you may need to have your insurance card with you as well. If you want those historical plates, your insurance ID card needs to have HISTORICAL on it.

You are 100% correct. Reaching out to Hagerty this week to add to my current 89 mustang policy.

mjmck

Farmall Cub
The only real reason I'm pushing the Historical stuff is that I figured it would be easier to get through the paperwork with my reg issue with the truck being of vintage. Drive home the point that there is no title for this unit.

mjmck

Farmall Cub
Around here, a "historic vehicle" plate means exemption from emissions testing.
Ah, here 96 and newer (unless 3/4 ton and up) get plugged into computers for readiness. Anything older just needs to have visual inspection of original components. Luckily this truck is pre emissions in entirety!

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
I've realized there is no real benefit to "HISTORICAL" designation other than the ability to get vintage plates and use them. The insurance companies don't seem to care either way. Historical NY registration is good for one year and standard is two year. My 78 Terra is historical and my 75 Travelall is regular. Both are insured by Hagerty.

mjmck

Farmall Cub
I've realized there is no real benefit to "HISTORICAL" designation other than the ability to get vintage plates and use them. The insurance companies don't seem to care either way. Historical NY registration is good for one year and standard is two year. My 78 Terra is historical and my 75 Travelall is regular. Both are insured by Hagerty.
What can I expect for an insurance premium if you would share? Not thats its really apples to apples (agre, record, truck differences, etc.)

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Hagerty wants to make sure you have a primary vehicle and the classic insured vehicle gets a lockable enclosed garage. I pay $549 for a full year for BOTH vehicles. I think my agreed to value is $20K on the Terra and $25K on the Travelall. Very reasonable. They aren't picky about mileage. You'll probably be looking at the same. I'm not sure if I would get into too much detail about it being a brush pump truck. Just tell them it is a 1969 IH 1300D.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
Hagerty wants to make sure you have a primary vehicle and the classic insured vehicle gets a lockable enclosed garage. I pay $549 for a full year for BOTH vehicles. I think my agreed to value is $20K on the Terra and $25K on the Travelall. Very reasonable. They aren't picky about mileage. You'll probably be looking at the same. I'm not sure if I would get into too much detail about it being a brush pump truck. Just tell them it is a 1969 IH 1300D.
When I insured my M715 with Hagerty, they wanted an assurance I wouldn't be driving it more than 300 miles per year.

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
I asked them specifically about mileage. They stated there were no limits. Try reading your policy to see if there are indeed any limits. I bet its not in there.

mjmck

Farmall Cub
Yeah, I plan to drive more than that. I would guess a 1-2k per year min. I will inquire as well.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
I just reread your entire thread because I’m now doing the same brake and wheel seal work you did a while back, and I’m going expand the scope of what I’m doing to include the front inner axle seals since I’ll be working in that area anyway.

I can’t thank you enough for the thorough project documentation (including seal part #’s and the carrier bearing cap torque spec), and hope things are going well given we haven’t seen you around in a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjmck

Farmall Cub
I just reread your entire thread because I’m now doing the same brake and wheel seal work you did a while back, and I’m going expand the scope of what I’m doing to include the front inner axle seals since I’ll be working in that area anyway.

I can’t thank you enough for the thorough project documentation (including seal part #’s and the carrier bearing cap torque spec), and hope things are going well given we haven’t seen you around in a while.

You are welcome. I love keeping these forums alive as opposed to the garbage FB pages that spew more opinions than anything. I'm about the facts/data represented clearly!

I am still here but travelling heavily for work to NJ leaving no time to work on the 1300D. I have a wad of parts and things that still need done and plan to document it on recommencement. Right now I have an appt in February to try and get this thing registered. I'm worried about it.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
I haven’t been on Bookface in so long I’d blotted out the op/ed portion of it, but I do remember that contributions to FB user groups aren’t archived; they’re single-use, and that’s why I favor BP and other forums: you can look up previously-posted information.

I don’t blame you dreading the paperwork; I have a motorcycle without a title that I’ve procrastinated on for just that reason. I remember there is a state that you can start the process online with, but I don’t remember which (my memory is failing at an alarming rate).

Hope work allows you some quality time soon with the 1300, and thanks again.