BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project freebie!

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
What's weird is I have Photobucket as well but pay $30/yr and it seems all my photos are appearing online. I only pay to have the extra space so I'm curious why people would be charged $400 vs what I'm paying.
Well that's weird. They offered a $30 per year service but the only one that said I could do "3rd party photo hosting" was the $400 level of service. I will go back and look.

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Well my Scout is officially a driver! Got my seats back from upholsterer, got all gauges installed and they work perfect, got the inside of the bed coated in Raptor liner and lizard skin, and all glass is in and a new set of bills turns all around. Still need to build bumpers, have new driveshafts made and install the stereo but I have been driving it around town with a big grin on my face. I took all the glass out of the frames and had it all powdercoated before I reinstalled also powder coated the seat bases.
IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

Last edited:

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Also if anyone is rebuilding their vent Windows I found a place online www.thefillingstation.com that caries the special rivets for the upper pivot. I bought 4 rivets (in case I messed one up) and the rivet tool for like $15.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
I was going through my build thread fixing the mess that photobucket had made when they blocked all my pictures and found a few that I never posted. So here they are. I bought some modified headlamp buckets from a member on here "Olive Scout" they are used for mounting LED headlamps but i used them for mounting Jeep JK headlamps that I already had. BTW these headlights are nice and bright, fit perfect, and have an excellent pattern.
1980 scout 231.JPG

1980 scout 232.JPG

1980 scout 233.JPG

1980 scout 234.JPG

Last edited:

gamestrader

Farmall Cub
Wow!! Your scout turned out great. I love the color. Thank you so much for fixing all the pictures on your thread! I hope others follow suit.

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Wow!! Your scout turned out great. I love the color. Thank you so much for fixing all the pictures on your thread! I hope others follow suit.
Yeah I was pretty pissed about the whole photobucket debacle. Had to individually download each photo back to my computer and go through each page and re-post the photos. glad I did it though. I have a thread over on cummins forum of a set of compound turbos I built for my dodge truck that I still need to go through and replace pictures. Thanks for the comments guys they are appreciated!

Mx-5 Scout

Farmall Cub
Excellent build!
This is very much in line with my own goals in terms of body and suspension, I greatly appreciate the pictures in the beginning, as I am going to have to rebuild that area from scratch!

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Well I finally got around to building a rear bumper w/tire carrier for the Scout. I probably way over engineered this thing but it is stout as heck and doesn't rattle at all. I wanted to have some clevis mounts so I found a nice piece of cold rolled steel at my local metal yard that measured 1 1/4" wide by 1 3/4" tall. I wanted them to be attached to the frame rails so they would be strong. I drilled and tapped a 1/2" hole that gets bolted to the most rearward hole in the rear frame rails. Then I drilled a 7/8" hole for the clevis and beveled the top and bottom where it would come through the front side of the bumper face. I also had to modify the holes at the back of the frame to accept the clevis mounts.
IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Next I made sure the clevis mounts were square to the frame and found the center line of them. I took those measurements and transferred them to the 2"x5"x 3/16 wall square tubing I used for the bumper itself. Drilled 4 holes at each location and cut them out with the plasma cutter. They fit like a glove! I slid the bumper over the clevis bars and measured how far out from the back of the frame it needed to be to clear the tailgate. Then I cut out 2- 1/4" thick mounting plates and 2 spacers out of 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 3/16 wall square tubing that I welded between the mounting plates and the bumper.
IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
I cut the ends of the bumper at a 20 degree angle and eventually cut the upper part of the angle off at 90 degrees also. I purchased a tire swing hub and mount plate off amazon for the tire carrier portion of the bumper. The spindle came with a sleeve that I cut a hole for to mount in the bumper but in hindsight I probably didn't need to do that I could have just welded the spindle directly to the bumper. The swing away part was also made form the 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" square tube but the vertical part was made from a left over piece of the bumper.
IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
I then fully welded the clevis bars to the front and back side of the bumper slid the bumper back into the frame rails bolted them in and welded the bumper to the spacer mounts. Then it was onto building the tire swing.
IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Then I had to figure out what to do for a latch. I decided on a DE-STA-CO clamp latch for its ease of use and its 2000# holding capacity. I also wanted to ad a spring loaded T latch on the other side to hold it open if wind or something came up. I built a little cradle for the left side of the tire swing to sit in while closed and cut up a red cutting board to provide a slick surface as well as vibration dampening. It worked perfect!
IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Painted it black, mounted the tire and called it good! I didn't mount a hitch receiver into the bumper cause i figure I will buy one of those CURT frame mount hitches when the time comes. Front bumper will be next on the list.
IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

Last edited: