BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project Blue Rhinoceros

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Got more done on the parts/tool sorting got 99 % done today. Didn't find the linkage so that means it has to be in the garage or I overlooked it in the Scout. I did move a couple parts to the Scout and called it a day right at dark. more to come
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
No Ed I have that problem too, I always keep things that I might "build one later with" but I have things later that I need a lot of times so it saves time and money down the road. And sometimes it's an investment I seen an intake for example today online that I have the same part number intake I paid 5 dollars for 30 years ago and it was around 250 dollars for a 427 cheby. I didn't get anything done today except a town run we had wind with 45 mph gusts and some wind chill so I took the day off. At one point it was snowing like a blizzard outside and it was 42 degrees I guess that upper air was cold.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Worked in the building awhile today moving things around and organizing stuff. I have a long way to go to get it where I want it. I did take some time this after noon to work on Scout stuff. I looked through some parts in the Scout and bingo I found the linkage I been looking for! about time I have searched for a week it was with some other parts and I must have overlooked it before. But now I can install it and see if I can make it work. If the weather will cooperate I am going to spend some more time on it again tomorrow. I am going to also work in the building again and try to make some more progress getting it all set up. I already found that I have had a visitor just as I had feared so I put out some Tom cat and I may have to get me a shop cat like J.J. just makes me angry to have brand new work benches with all my new stuff on them and have a mouse already having his way in there. Tomorrow one thing I have to do is figure out where my heater is going to be mounted. Anyway think I'll see what kind of cats they have for sale at the pet store. And I have to shop for a 100 lb propane tank. more to come

Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Here is the linkage I finally found:
20210116_165645.jpg

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Mr. Kenmore I doubt anyone will be jealous, it's small and
I have a long way to go before I can post some pictures of it inside but I will post the outside and some inside. I still have to build all my shelving I have the work benches built and have to pour the concrete inside. It isn't anything special but it is dry and out of the cold.
AD
DSC_1354.JPG
DSC_1004.JPG
DSC_1003.JPG

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
20210118_162924.jpg
Got the linkage all cleaned up and installed on the trans today after digging some drainage around my building and working inside awhile today. The linkage don't seem to come up high enough but I need to look at some pictures of the way it fits the 345 to see if I think it can be made to work at this point I don't think it will. I figure I will end up going with the cable. I will take lots of pictures if I do. Mr Kenmore was interested in the cable I think and maybe some others. I am going to research some pics tonight of the original so I can see if I might figure something out. more to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Worked in the building some more today organizing parts upstairs, had to make a town run this morning to the parts store, and a couple more places I tried to get some electrical connectors at L*wes but they didn't have what I needed so I will have to go to a couple more places later. Have to make an early run tomorrow into town then work the rest of the day in the building and hopefully part of the afternoon on the Scout at least that's the plan.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I got my town run finished this morning and was home by 9 a.m. worked in the building and in the yard helping Mrs. Dave. Just about when I thought I would get to start on the Scout I heard rain hitting the roof of my building and it got harder so that ruined my plan so I worked in the dry on a project for the wifey and called it day. Maybe tomorrow will be dryer hopefully.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Spent the afternoon working on the Scout today I determined that the linkage is not going to work without major fabrication so I am just going to order a cable. So I continued working on other items I was going to run the manual water gauge and manual oil pressure line I like to run both lights and gauges when possible, anyway I could not get the temp sensor through my normal area that I pass stuff through the firewall above the brake pedal. So I located a good spot just to the right of the gas pedal cable and drilled a new hole for the temp and oil lines. I have to get a grommet to fit the new hole. I have to do a brake job tomorrow for a relative so I will be on that for a bit. Sounds like I bit off more than I anticipated it requires allot of tear down just to change out a rotor the hub has to come off and the wheel speed sensor lines. It says 2-4 hours on the article I read about it. But I'll get it knocked out hopefully without any hicups.
AD

Lars-S

Farmall Cub
AD it looks like your linkage got bent from original. It shouldn't have the C portion but be straighter. I have my old one I'll take a photo and post it later. I don't need it with the 46RE/5.9 engine.

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Not sure it worked before, but could have been bent at some point but not sure I think I'll just go with a cable and save the headache of bending and fabbing new parts to reach the carb. Yeah I would like to see another linkage to compare it too.

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I got the brake job done today and that was different had to take the hub off and remove the rotor from the rear never done one like that before. Some way I ended up on the couch shortly after and took a little siesta.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I didn't get to do much today apparently the siesta I took was because I wasn't feeling well I had a sinus headache and woke up this morning feeling crumby so I have been just laying around with a headache but it is getting better so hopefully I be back to 6500 rpm soon. Right now I'm idling in park with a vacuum leak.

AD

Lars-S

Farmall Cub
Well that's better than dreaded oil leaks. Feel better soon. Think we were talking apples and oranges linkage I have is the kickdown not shifter. I had put cable in back in the day.

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Thanks I hope I'm back at it soon. I was talking kickdown that goes from the trans to the carb. but the Lokar/gen style I think will be simpler for me.
AD