BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project Blue Rhinoceros

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I got to work on the Scout today I attempted to hook up the kickdown but I discovered that the lower half wasn't there. Apparently I removed it and put it up for safekeeping I just haven't figured out where that is yet! LOL Anyway I decided to do some more parts organizing and put away a lot of tools and parts that I was done with that I had stored in the Scout and some that I will need later but not right now. Made a lot of progress in that department but I just have to find that rod. Or if not I will order the Lokar cable , I also went and picked up the rest of my flooring this morning for the upstairs of my building I have been working on. Once that is in place I will have a nice large parts storage loft so I can put all my spare parts in order and out of the way of working.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I didn't get to work on the Scout today, I started installing the remainder of the flooring upstairs in my building. Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow. Trying to get this building done so I'll have a warm dry place to work on the Scout that I don't have to put everything away at the end of the day to pull the vehicles in like my other garage. Anyway trying to make some progress still on the Scout as much as possible along with doing this work on the building. more to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I had to make another town run today and a out of town run a couple towns over. Then I finished getting all the flooring upstairs in my building got to finish installing it. I did get my relays in this afternoon for the Scout, and fired up the black truck for a little run time. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get back on the Scout for a while and hopefully make some progress. I can work on the building Thursday when it is supposed to be raining.
AD

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Dave, that will sure make your work easier to have under a roof! I had no idea that you were having to pack your tools twice. No fun.

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Yeah when I work in the garage I have to put everything up and move the vehicles inside at the end of the day so I have been just working outside and putting everything up at the end of the day. To much work moving it in and out without it running so this other building will be a big help. I am going to work on the Scout this morning before the rain gets here today. I plan to install the new relay for the fan and work on my gauges hooking them all up.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I didn't have very good luck on the Scout, about the time I got started good it started raining on me so I had to stop and it has rained all day. I did work most of the day my building putting down flooring. Almost done should finish up the floor tomorrow then I can start organizing parts and moving more out of the work area. Then I will start installing the heater I picked up last week. Supposed to rain 2-3 inches today and tomorrow, man it is going to be a soggy mess. I hopefully can get some more Scout time in on Friday it supposed to be done raining again. More to come

AD

J.J.

is it the lake there in Russellville that attracts all that rain? Seems like you get more than your fair share.

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I guess it rains alot in the winter most of the storms seem to come through the valley. That big front looks to be headed your way. usually it snows north of us in the winter and we get rain most of the time glad I don't live where it is low my place drains fairly well. But right now it's like walking in pudding! LOL

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I did get out early this morning and worked inside my building and finished up my floor right in time for J.J.'s favorite time. I got done at 12:10 now I have to make a cover for my chain hoist bay so it is removable when I need to lift something upstairs and about another 10 minutes of detail work and I"m ready to start sorting and organizing parts. Got my welder, grinder, vise , parts bins, manual shelves, job box, and etc.. set up just have to do some fine tuning once I get everything moved upstairs out of the way.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Got more done on the building today and I'll be back on it again tomorrow. On another note my laptop is on the blink so I ordered a new one to view the BP from and it was put on the truck today according to the shipper and wouldn't you know I watched for it all afternoon even had my son watch for it and the website says delivered! which it wasn't at least not at my house. I called the shipper but i'm not very confident in them from their past record. I wish I could pick who my shipper was then I would feel better about it. Hopefully by some miracle it turns up but I won't hold my breath. Anyway just ruined my afternoon but hey it could have been something worse I guess. So hopefully this old reliable on it's last leg laptop will keep on ticking. Supposed to have a little sunshine the next day or two so hopefully I can get some more Scout time in.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Finally got done today working on my building I got everything upstairs put in order and all my spare wood organized. I moved a couple intakes and some misc. up this afternoon and tomorrow I'll be in the small building that has all my other Scout parts and will be searching for my linkage for my transmission and moving other parts to my new building this smaller building will become my storage for my atvs and lawn mowers. Will move my chainsaws, chain hoist, chain come alongs and various tools to the new building. Weather has been good today just cold most of the day but I layered up and ended up pulling off layers it was 27 this morning but warmed up close to 40 this afternoon. I think I have enough spare parts to build several vehicles. It's funny all the parts you find you forgot you had until you start going through them and organizing everything.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Just found a cool Scout for sale while browsing online it was locally for sale but originally out of North Dakota. It was right hand drive v8 3 speed manual in the floor I can't even imagine shifting a floor shift left handed. Here are a couple of pics and it is J.J.s favorite color blue.
20210109_235102.jpg
20210109_235152.jpg

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Got done for the day working in the buildings been looking for the Scout linkage haven't seen it yet but I am not done looking I found most everything else I need that was stored in there. I am continuing tomorrow moving sorting and organizing my remaining parts probably take a few days. I did run across a compressor I had stored to use later I have my big one at the other garage so I will set up this smaller one at the new building it will be good for small things it is a Jun-air commercial that a buddy gave me years ago because he didn't have any use for it. Looks to be in fairly new shape. I figure I can set it up for my detail gun, small air tools and for airing up tires.

AD

winchested

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Just found a cool Scout for sale while browsing online it was locally for sale but originally out of North Dakota. It was right hand drive v8 3 speed manual in the floor I can't even imagine shifting a floor shift left handed. Here are a couple of pics and it is J.J.s favorite color blue.View attachment 184574 View attachment 184575
Take a trip to Aussie land. 85% of vehicles are still manual. And shifted left handed!

J.J.

I sure like a blue Scout! Dang, don't need another or do I ?? HAHA. Ive actually be to Australia 4x, and there are so many cool IHs hiding. Many many C series Travelettes in farmer fields. About the RHD ones too, there was a guy that we used to go off roading with. He was a mail carrier and his off road truck was a former postal scout. RHD with the SD33. It was a beast too, still had the USPS stickers on it, the rig was called "going postal" HAHA. Wonder what ever happened to him?

JJ in TN

J.J.

Hey Dave,
I had to borrow a set of bolt cutters yesterday from my 85 year old neighbor here in Colorado. Made me think of your love quality but old tools. Mr Fellin's family has been here since the gold rush days. They owned the city stables here in Ouray, and donated the hot springs and the land to the city for the famous hot springs pool. His family also had the contract for the mules for the Yankee Boy gold mine. Anyway, if this tool could talk the tales it would tell Im sure:

308d28cc4db5db4348e9332df22e733a.jpg

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
That is cool J.J. Those look to be fairly old and probably better than what you can get now days. I bet you couldn't talk him outa those he probably knows they are the real deal. I actually went on a tool run this morning at one of my favorite antique places I didn't buy anything but my son found some wrenches and the wife picked up a lantern and we did some research tonight an it is early 1900's Regal No. 0 by Wheeling Stamping West Virginia which was eventually bought out by Dietz co. But I continued my parts organizing when I got home and in my old parts/tool storage I found a tool stash I forgot about 9-12 lb. hammers, 2-5 lb. hammers, 2-plumb medium ball peen hammers, 1-Stanley medium ball peen, 1-Rigid 4 inch pipe cutter, 1-Rigid 2 inch cutter, Hilti hammer drill, plate dog, Ingersol Rand 3/4 drive impact wrench, 1 pair of auto wire strippers, 2 -3 inch shackles, 4- 4 inch C clamps, 3-6 inch c clamps, 2-20 ft log chains and several other misc. tools I had stored and forgot was there. Also found two engines and a trans that I knew was there. Kinda like Christmas looking through parts/tool stashes.

Arkansas Dave

Last edited:

J.J.

Dave, he has an entire tool collection like this one. They get used too. He wouldn't sell his stuff HAHA. If I live that long, I hope to be as active as he is. You wouldn't have any idea of his age. His place is as neat as a pin and he is always out there doing something. Last fall, he insisted on helping me sling gravel. I put a stop to that cause it was lunchtime!! HAHAHAHAHA

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Sounds like my Dad he will be 85 on Jan. 27th and he is about to start building a foundation for my sisters house. He built my brothers when he was 77 and last spring i helped him walk trusses on a building and set them in place, and later decked an started roofing of course he likes to act like he falls off and laugh at me freaking out about it. Last time he did that and almost fell off then I convinced him he better straighten up. The whole reason I get so jumpy is when he retired at 62 he fell from a 14 foot wall we were supposed to set trusses on together while I was at work. He landed on a ladder and broke his hip and was in the hospital 28 days after getting a blood clot in his lung due to the surgery and then being in ICU for days then in rehab for weeks so I don't want to replay that again. But he is hard to keep up with he don't believe in "Lunch" he says theres work to do! LOL I could tell stories all day like this and wouldn't trade them for anything.

AD