BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project Blue Rhinoceros

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
thanks Perdido! it is cool I just want to do some touch ups to the areas that need it so it will stay that way. I don't plan to change it looks at all just polish it so to speak a little. Hope your son is still doing better with that back injury.

Dave

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I got to work some more on the Scout today I bent and routed the trans lines up to the front where the rubber lines are I have to get a piece of trans hose to fill in where the line was kinked until I can get some new metal lines and bend them up. I did a couple more things and made a town list of stuff I need for it.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Got rain moving in this morning so that puts a damper on things, also out of wood to finish flooring my building. I got to go get
some supplies. I sure miss fall weather it didn't last long enough.
AD

Perdido

Farmall Cub
Merry Christmas Dave and the rest of BP. I’ve got a lot to be thankful for even in this 2020 mess and I can’t say how much all of you have helped me in restoring this Scout II. From parts to expertise and advice I couldn’t do it without y’all.
Rut

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I went into town this morning for a parts run and came back and worked most of the day on the Scout I did stop and build some new handle for my wife for her crosscut saw it didn't have handles so I sprayed it down with aerokroil and managed to get the wing nuts off and made her some new handles out of hickory. I got parts cleaned and painted, lines hooked up and other things put in place. Tomorrow we have another good day so I will be back at it again. I have been shopping for some heat for my building so I can work in there without freezing I think I am going with a propane wall heater. I will have to shut it down if I work on anything flammable and I could get the sealed units but they are a little above the budget and I can just kill the heat if I work on anything that might pose a problem. More to come

AD

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Those propane bullet heaters seem to work well too, fire that sucker up like a jet engine and down when working. When it gets chilly again, go inside for a cup of hot choclate fire it up, rinse and repeat.

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I worked on the Scout again today and ordered a heater for my building this morning. I got the wifes project finished up, started up the black truck and let it charge the battery and run awhile. Got all the stuff on the Scout finished up from yesterday. I worked on some more items thought I was going to put the finishing touches on the shifter but no it may have an issue I have to do some more messing with it. I think it may just be because I didn't have all the bolts in the floor plate and it moved some. I have to order an electric fan thermostat relay kit, figure out how to connect that kickdown for the torque flite, run the oil pressure line, temperature gauge line. Also can someone tell me in the wire loom there are the coil leads and another wire just before those. Is that the factory temperature wire? I can't find my pictures and I forgot. I am getting really close. More to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
got some stuff ordered last night to hook up my electric fans and went on a trip this morning to the military surplus store and about 8 antique stores 2 were closed on Mon. so I did score a really nice Rigid tube cutter in a size I didn't have for a good deal. Then came home and worked on the trailer lights, studied a Scout wiring diagram, found the shifter bolts and installed the floor plate and shifter bolts and I have a working shifter! wooo hoo. Worked under the hood a little and am studying how I am going to get the throttle bracket to work with the sbc it doesn't seem to reach like it did with the SV so I think I can add some length but still thinking on it.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I just happened to remember that Lokar makes a cable that controls kickdown that I can use if I don't get the linkage lined out. So anyway we will see how that turns out tomorrow.

AD

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Dang dude, it’s getting so close. Hate having to wait for parts myself, but would rather live where I do than in the city.

JJ in TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
yeah getting close J.J. today's plan is to try and see if I can make the factory throttle kickdown lever work, hook up the manual gauges, vacuum lines and pour some coolant in. That's about it until the parts come in, I guess I will work on my lights on the trailer getting them all working. And need to try and fire off the old hot rod after I stand on my head to put the plugs back in, oh and find some more flooring for the buildings upstairs and see if the heater came in for the building and check the code for the check engine light on the gray truck that came on yesterday always something! On the Scout to check the engine you just pop the hood and see if it's in there! I love old trucks this new stuff is nice but sometimes a hassle. more to come

Arkansas Dave

MrKenmore

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Let us know how the Lokar kickdown works. I have all the linkage on my 75 Travelall. It's a little sloppy. Not as sloppy as the gear selector linkage of course!!!!

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well that didn't work out very well I went outside and the wind started blowing then the rain moved in and was like a steady wet fog so I went back in. Then the rain stopped and the wind laid so I dressed warm since it was in the 30's and went out I decided to try to make that adapter for my trailer first from the 12 or so pin military plug to a flat 4 civilian plug and hooked it up and bingo all lights worked like a champ so that's fixed. I was trying to work on the Scout and the weather got worse so I aired up the low tire on my old hot rod and called it for today. I will give you an update MrKenmore on the cable if I don't get the other one working that will be the route I take. More to come

Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Rain, rain, rain and more rain couldn't work today so I went tool hunting and went by and picked up my new heater for my building. I also found my flooring I need but I can't go get it until it stops raining. Man I need some dry weather but I guess it has to rain sometimes. Got plenty of time for research and parts shopping it started raining this morning at about 2 a.m. and is supposed to rain or sleet possibly all the way up until late morning Friday.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I made a lot of town runs today 3 all together picked up some new tools and a couple more items. And seen more rain should be clearing out tomorrow anyway.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well it still hasn't cleared out yet but I went out this morning and worked on a project in the garage cutting and polishing some aluminum plate. Tried to go out and work some but just to nasty so I had to call it quits for today. more to come
AD