BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project Blue Rhinoceros

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Going to try and put in the drive shaft tomorrow, hook up the shifter, speedo cable and some misc. Won't be long now hopefully be moving under its own power soon.
AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I got the driveshaft all cleaned painted greased and put back in the Scout today, also got the speedo hooked up and located my transmission lines but didn't get finished with them back to it hopefully tomorrow, I have a Honda atv to put brakes on in the morning one of my favorite atvs, a tank valve to put on my Yamaha atv and hopefully work on the Scout again. I had to get another new phone I guess I have to get one now every 4 months LOL thanks to my carrier. Anyway the pics I took today didn't load on Google so I couldn't post them. more to come
AD

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
sounds like one of my projects. About the time I get some good momentum built up, Mrs JJ needs something done. Like hanging pesky family photos or something HAHAHAHA

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I got the brakes on the wheeler and the tank valve on the other one, cleaned up one of the metal lines found out it was stainless i'm pretty certain and got it put on but need a picture of where it originally routed through. I had pictures but I haven't found them and it isn't making sense just looking at it. The other was kinked so I will either splice in with a compression fitting or use hose but I would rather use metal as much as possible. I also worked on it some yesterday afternoon after pulling apart the Honda to test the coil and get to the CDI box. I cleaned the shifter up and lubed it so I can drop it back in for now or maybe permanent I always liked it so not sure if I will go aftermarket or not. I have to get a new shifter handle for it there was a B&M handle on it but it was the plastic T handle and it was broke when I got the Scout but worked so I will replace it with something similar. The rain finally moved in this morning I worked in the building for awhile put up some wall bins and another light over the workbench. Here is a couple pics of my shifter project, I added some silicone and synthetic grease so it make it smoother. more to come Well I just tried and of course the new phone didn't load anything over to google images imagine that. I got lots of work to do on this phone I would rather run over it with my Scout! LOL

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
finally got it fixed here are a few pics:

20201210_160954.jpg
20201210_161005.jpg
20201210_163603.jpg

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I gave it good cleaning and wire brushing and then sprayed it with a brushed stainless coat after tapping off the part number sticker. Then put it back in the Scout after a good coat of grease on the splines, that reminds me I have to go back and grease the U-joint. more to come

AD

Perdido

Farmall Cub
Dave,
Good work, but that driveshaft look bent in the first picture and I hope it’s just the picture.
Perdido

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
yeah J.J. I always like to save all the original stickers and markings when I can. Never know when you might need that information later. Yeah Perdido I see what you mean but I think it's just the way the picture looks because it's straight as can be in real life and was working fine when I parked the Scout but that's a good eye and i appreciate it, I can see it in the photo and hadn't even noticed before. I still can't get over how little those drive shafts are! But it makes installation a breeze. It's about to get warm enough to work outside today hopefully I can get some more done on the Scout today. More to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I'm about stir crazy now! it's been so cold i haven't been outside much at all the last few days and I wanted to really bad. I did fire up the black truck today and let it run while I was inside so the battery would charge. I been working on insurance, trying to buy a dump trailer and helping a buddy set up a switch for an irrigation pump over the phone, among several other things. Man i normally like a little down time but it's wearing me out. I never go over 5 minutes before falling asleep at night but after that nap I took yesterday afternoon it took until 1 a.m. to fall asleep last night! LOL Hopefully I'll get back on the Scout soon or I am going to bring parts inside the garage and work on them. more to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well it finally warmed up a little I did go on a antique shop tour this morning and picked up a couple specialty wrenches for small engine plugs where thin walled sockets are important they have built in breaker bars. Anyway it warmed up this afternoon and me and the boy done some more work on the Honda atv and then I worked on the Scout for a little while trying to get the shifter all put together. I have to order a new boot and handle somebody jacked the shifter console and handle and put something else on so I'll get that fixed up. Then I plan to build a custom armrest console since they jacked that too. When I got it, someone had put 6 way car seats that were 60/40 very comfortable but not what I had in mind and were worn out pretty much so I ran some almost new Ford seats which were very nice and worked just fine even considered reusing them but I have some others in mind also. Tomorrow should be another productive day so more to come.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I fought the atv all afternoon with no luck it isn't looking good I think the Stator/alternator is out due to no voltage showing on the multimeter. Funny thing it ran fine when I parked it and then I went to move it and it wouldn't start or move. It ended up the brakes stuck to the drum and the plates stayed on the backing plate. I got that fixed and then I don't have any spark either amazing what can happen in just a few weeks after shutting something off and then going back to start it. The other one is still healthy so far. Got to get back on the Scout tomorrow if the rain don't mess things up.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well it rained a little not much and I ended up adding more flooring to the upstairs of my building until I ran out of nails. I had a lead on a 2018 dump trailer and of course the guy 30 minutes ahead of me bought it. And of course I did the right thing and found a m101 tilt military trailer that was a good deal and close to home I'm going to look and probably buy in the morning. I figure i'll use it awhile and be looking for a deal on a dump trailer to buy later. I've always wanted a military style trailer and this is the 3/4 ton model that tilts so it would make a good one to pull with the Scout or my trucks. more to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well today has been an adventure I went and looked at the m101 and bought it. It turned out to be a 1967 m101a1 and was in surprisingly good shape for it's age 1 year older than me! man that is old LOL any way I made it home in one piece I pulled it a little over 60 miles. I had to remove one bow and put inside so i wouldn't lose it on the way home. I plan to redo the wood incase I want to use it occasionally and I want to order a tarp kit for it. Here are a few pics.
AD

20201220_155054_HDR.jpg
20201220_154904_HDR.jpg
20201220_170857.jpg
20201220_170902.jpg

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
She's a Beaut J.J. it's unbelievable for its age i would love to find a Scout in that shape as far as not been messed with it is all original except I think someone added the two small lights without lenses below the tailgate and ran wires to the front with a flat lead which is a good thing it will be easier to get some lights working in back. It towed like a new one at 55-60 mph no problem. I am going to keep it mostly original and probably give it a repaint in the army green and keep all the markings the frame has about 15% peeling of paint which i will fix and the underside of the bed and fenders are ankle deep in under coat that is in great shape so that's a plus. I been working on the building today and the Scout all afternoon I spent an hour on the shifter cable it was covered in a mess that I removed and discovered it had been damaged a minor amount the black coating was gone about an inch and the spiral metal tube was showing. My guess it got on an exhaust pipe or rubbed something. Anyway I will put some heat shrink tube or something similar on it and seal it back up. It always shifted great before so I know it works. I am going to try to work on it some more tomorrow. more to come

AD