BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project Blue Rhinoceros

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Got the insulation done today, done some buffing on the car and got the Scout's radiator installed. Some Pics

AD

DSC_1074.JPG
DSC_1078.JPG

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I worked on the building most of the day yesterday and then something I ate made me feel bad and I had to take it easy for a little bit, my stomach don't cooperate sometimes, so I didn't get to work on the Scout. But I finally felt better later on and buffed for about 20 minutes on the car. Today I put up more sheeting like I did yesterday over the insulation and shut down this afternoon and worked on the Scout. I got the fans installed but I need to determine where the two coolers are going to mount. I think the a/c condenser can go back where it was before and the trans cooler can go in front of that. Here are a couple pics

AD

DSC_1084.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
put up more sheeting over the insulation today in the pole barn, didn't get to work on the Scout today trying to get a good dry spot so i can work after the weather gets bad which will be here before long. I am going tomorrow to pick up the 2x6's and plywood to floor the 2nd floor and hopefully slip in some Scout time over the weekend. Got some tires ordered for the black truck so I can drive it now that I got it going again. more to come

AD

Last edited:

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
went and got the wood yesterday for the floor joists and got them installed, today I started flooring the 2nd floor today with a bunch of material I had put back for this project. I am going to go half way for now and then probably wait until wood comes back down some to buy more plywood for the rest of the flooring. I will finish up tomorrow hopefully then start building the work benches, shelves and etc. after that. Luckily I found 30 more 2x4s today in my other storage building I am going to use to do some framing in the building with. i remembered I have a stack of 2x12 oak decking I had stored that I will probably make my work benches from that stuff weighs a ton! I have to do some light shopping soon it's dark in there I have been just using a halogen light anyway more to come.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
I got the rest of the 2nd floor all installed yesterday and ran out of nails before I got done. I buffed some more on the old car yesterday for a short bit and today I went into town and got some more nails and came home and finished nailing that in. Then I built a fold up set of steps out of 2x6 and 2x4s that get a guy up to the second floor got them done I just need a couple very large galvanized bolts, washers and nuts to anchor and hinge them with. I did show the wife the Scout fans today she wanted to see what I got done on it and I am going to work in some Scout time tomorrow. My tires for the black truck will be here tomorrow and I have 8 aluminum wheels to polish, that will be a job for sure. My plan for tomorrow is to install the a/c condenser and the transmission cooler and figure out where everything is going to run and the connections for the fans. More to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Worked on the Scout today I cleaned, painted and installed the a/c condenser, then put on the new trans cooler and test fit the grille. Here are a few pics

AD

DSC_1181.JPG
DSC_1182.JPG
DSC_1184.JPG
DSC_1188.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1191.JPG
    DSC_1191.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Anyone installed an aftermarket a/c system? I figure I will eventually put one on. I know they make one with a compact compressor that should work. I have the big original compressor but I figure all that stuff needs rebuilt anyway so anyway if someone has some suggestions or experience with this any input is appreciated.

AD

Perdido

Farmall Cub
Anyone installed an aftermarket a/c system? I figure I will eventually put one on. I know they make one with a compact compressor that should work. I have the big original compressor but I figure all that stuff needs rebuilt anyway so anyway if someone has some suggestions or experience with this any input is appreciated.

AD
Dave,
I’m in the process of installing a Vintage Air Magnum IV system. I bought the mock up unit which worked perfectly taking the guess work out of installing the real thing. I cut the dash for vents and controls and it works well, can’t wait to install the real unit.
Perdido

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Today (Sunday) I didn't get to work on the Scout any but I got one wheel polished for the black truck, some caulking and painting done on an outbuilding, mowed off for the winter my back side new land and put a truck hood in the top of the barn. Anyway I think it is going to rain tomorrow but might have a few hours before hand to do some more on the Scout. more to come

AD

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Dave,
I have the Magnum IV mock up unit available to pass on when someone needs it...just pay shipping and promise to pass it on to the next person.
Perdido

and that folks, is what it is all about right there!

Dave, check out my '76 Scout II build thread as I did ac work on mine. I merged the stock system with a modern Sanden R134 unit. A very kind member on here loaned me his crimper so that custom hoses could be made as the new stuff is O ring and the old is flange.

been meaning to post pics of one of my favorite tools from an antique mall too. A MUST for Scout rebuild/ownership!

15ba89019f514d456de41a44f4cc3905.jpg

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Dave,
I have the Magnum IV mock up unit available to pass on when someone needs it...just pay shipping and promise to pass it on to the next person.
Perdido
Thanks Perdido when I get to that part I might need to do that once I figure out which way I'm going to go I really appreciate it.

Dave

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Dave, check out my '76 Scout II build thread as I did ac work on mine. I merged the stock system with a modern Sanden R134 unit. A very kind member on here loaned me his crimper so that custom hoses could be made as the new stuff is O ring and the old is flange.

been meaning to post pics of one of my favorite tools from an antique mall too. A MUST for Scout rebuild/ownership!

J.J. I will check it out that sounds like a good option too and I really appreciate the info, Man that is a nice tap and die set I need to get me a better one, I have a set of thread chasers that have a hex head for cleaning common engine sizes. You may have seen what I'm talking about or may have some but I will post a pic for anybody that don't. These things are handy as the pocket on a shirt, especially when building engines. I have tools out my ears but I never have bought a decent tap and die set but I will once I get everything in one spot I can see what I really need to buy. I am making my pole barn my main shop for now I also have the garage at the house but I always have to have it picked up and cleared out every day for the two vehicles that are parked in there so I'll have more project room in the pole barn which after today I'm glad I insulated the other day. Got to get that new door on the front soon. Winter is here! I about froze in that cold rain today (going to the local DG of coarse to pick up some stuff right quick)

Dave

Last edited:

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well I didn't get to work on the Scout this morning the rain snook in on me early but I did break out the mothers aluminum polish and polish one of my wheels for the black truck. Two and a half hours total on that one wheel don't ever let your polished aluminum rims sit without cleaning them occasionally! I only have 7 more to go oh boy...:no::no::no: LOL yep that Scout is getting black aluminum for sure.

AD

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
work work work.

My grandpa used to say its better to wear out than to rust out!

JJ in TN

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
LOL that's a good one J.J. I never heard that before. Well it finally quit raining and I did some work in the pole barn while it rained. Today I went and picked the metal for the front of the pole barn, worked on the other out building finishing up some metal work, pulled another wheel to polish. Tomorrow I am going to start building the framework for the front of the pole barn Gable end and build a door or doors. I already have the other three sides done so if I can finish this front I will have it fully enclosed for winter. My plan is to work part of the day on the building and then do some Scout time so more to come.

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Tomorrow's list is install the thermostat, put a plug in the water pump to replace the temp hose with a bolt in it, ground the engine to the chassis, install air cleaner bracket and stud, hook up the kickdown linkage and run transmission cooler lines. more to come

AD

Arkansas Dave

High Wheeler
Well it's been a busy week or so I worked some on the Scout a few days back and again today and the list remaining is small I have to pick up a trans filter, the oil for the transfer, radiator hose, coolant and put in the driveshaft, figure out where I put the kickdown lever last week so "I wouldn't lose it" ever do that J.J.? I can remember what happened 10 years ago in October at 2:35 on a Tuesday and then I can walk in the next room and forget why I went in there until I leave and go back where I came from then I remember! LOL part of being past 25 I guess. Anyway i got the front on my building, the door installed, some lighting put up, my rims finished for the black truck, my new tires installed, a tire put on the old hot rod to replace a bad one, oil in the cylinders on the old hot rod to soak before cranking it up, the black truck detailed, done some cleaning on the old hot rod under the hood and several odd jobs. Anyway i had fun today back on the Scout and won't be long now. more to come

AD