BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"power" for power steering

J-Ripper

Farmall Cub
i've got a 71 SII with a 196 -i am not seeing a place to hook up the power stering pump --the drivers side of teh motor has the crank and fan-waterpump on that side and the crank -water pump- and alt-- al currently run on a single belt--

is there a place to mount the steering pump--first of all and im guessing im gonna have to switch to a double grooved pulley at the carnk to do it --source of pulley or info on the additon would be a great help

imagine ive only had the scout in my driveway for 3 days now-just getting started ---and already im full of questions:D

Jason861

Farmall Cub
you need to get a bracket for a 196, it took me months to find one so good luck there. When you find the bracket it mounts to the engine mount. There should be two holes for the bracket. Besides the bracket you will need to get a new intermediate shaft for your column because the PS gear box is bigger than the manual box. I put mine in a few days ago and it took me almost 2 hours, really easy swap. Goodluck on finding the bracket:D hope this helps any other questions just ask.
--Jason--

J-Ripper

Farmall Cub
Originally posted by Jason861
you need to get a bracket for a 196, it took me months to find one so good luck there. When you find the bracket it mounts to the engine mount. There should be two holes for the bracket. Besides the bracket you will need to get a new intermediate shaft for your column because the PS gear box is bigger than the manual box. I put mine in a few days ago and it took me almost 2 hours, really easy swap. Goodluck on finding the bracket:D hope this helps any other questions just ask.
--Jason--

jason how did you drive the pulley?

Jason861

Farmall Cub
jason how did you drive the pulley?
I think I got lucky, when I got my Scout I already had an 2 belt pulley on the engine so I didnt have to swap out anything. I dont know where or what parts you can use to get that but if I find anything out I will let you know as soon as I find out.
--Jason--