BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Read! Scout II Transmission & Transfer Case Model #'s & Part #'s Needed!!!!

Binder TV

TorqueMonster1

Farmall Cub
Thanks for reading my post. I know that the info I'm requested is massive and I'm sure that it's available somewhere on Al Gores amazing internet OR even on BP in a previous thread. I don't, however, have time to research it, AND I know that some of you have this info and can share it quickly. What I'm hoping to get is model #'s and individual part #'s for transmissions and transfer cases. My interest is Scout II but I'll take any and all info for items that were factory to all Scouts AND even all IH vehicles. I am going to be going to a business that is closing and selling everything hopefully this weekend. It will be closing the doors forever in a month or so. I'm hoping someone can post a list of part numbers or even a breakdown of parts that shows the individual numbers. I'm hoping to be able to select parts that can be used on IH vehicles in the future and keep them from going to the crusher. Any & All Help Is Appreciated!! Thanks, Mark

Dana Strong

Lives in an IH Dealership
Are we to assume this is a transmission shop that's closing, and that it won't have engine or axle parts?

From my 800A,B parts book these numbers are for manual boxes. Somebody else will need to list auto units and TC handles, etc.
Or scan pages for all internal parts and numbers; I can't.

800A,B
Code 13013

For 4-196 engine:
306 928 C92 transmission w/ control housing, shift forks and lever; Left hand drive
350 880 C91 [same but] Right hand drive
For 6-232:
386 444 C91

Code 13044
Transmission w/ control housing and shift forks
379 423 C91 For 4-196
384 681 C91 For 6-232

800A,B -4x4
Code 13014

4-196 Engine
302 422 C92 transmission w/ control housing, shift forks and lever, Left hand drive
350 879 C91 [same but] Right hand drive

6-232 engine
386 445 C91

Code 13045
Transmission w/ control housing and shift forks
379 424 C91 For 4-196engine
379 425 C91 60232, V304 engines

Control housing w/ shift bar assy. [less bolts, washers]
317 255 C21

Code 13145
Transfer case w/ shift forks
361 037 C91 Below Chassis no. G427739
408 181 C93 Chassis No. G427739 and up

TorqueMonster1

Farmall Cub
This is the same info that I made in another post. It was easiest to just copy & paste it here.

Thanks for all of the replies to my post. I made this post late the other night and I wanted to hurry and get it on the forum but I didn’t have a lot of time to go into detail about why I was making the post.

About 20 years ago I bought some parts for my first scout from a man in Nashville TN. He had been in business for decades selling old trucks & parts. Willys, others Jeeps & IH seem to be the majority of what he dealt with. JJ contacted me a couple of months ago about this man getting out of the business. I was finally able to go last Saturday June 26th. Although a lot of things had already been sold there were still a number of good parts. I came home with a number of things for my scout.

When I was walking through one of his buildings there were shelves and shelves full of parts, some used and still in good condition, other parts were brand new waiting to be used for the first time. But a lot of them were not identified very well for somebody not familiar with them like me. I’m sure the owner could walk into that building and know exactly where a part was that someone was looking for.

I spoke to the man again a few days ago and he thinks that this month will probably be the last that anyone have an opportunity to buy anything that he has. After that, unfortunately, most will go to the scrap yard, the property will be sold and new owners will start building apartments I believe. Realizing that, I was trying to figure out what I could get that I might possibly be able to use in the future. So that was the reason for my post.

Below is a link to a thread that JJ made about this place. In the thread is another link to a video that was made while I was there. The video is about 10 minutes long. It's pretty interesting if you have the time to watch it. You'll see me in the background at 7:30. Mark

https://www.binderplanet.com/forums...alerships-and-picking-in-the-2020-era.147082/

Here is a direct link to the video of this place.

jeff campbell

Staff member
Jeff Campbell, I'll see what I can do. If I can determine what parts are what, if I can afford it AND if I have the storage space.

Mallen, Thank You for the info you sent me in the PM!!! Much Appreciated! Mark
Was it a mixed D-ship ? Trucks & tractor , equipment / parts ?