BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our new scout ii

Binder TV

DAVID HOY

Farmall Cub
First post ! This is our new corona virus project. I have three boys. 18, 14, and 12 years old. Since they don’t have school I wanted them to know how a car runs. So I looked around and found this 1974 scout ii with a 345 engine. Got for a very low price. Didn’t run. We have rerun the wires and got the timing down.. got it to start. Then after many searches on binder planet forums we figured out how to run. The external oil pressure gauge to see if we had oil pressure. Yup 20# at idle and 40# under throttle. Now we have to fix the brakes to get it to stop and we can drive it on it’s maiden voyage. Thank you to all the people on binder planet that take the time to answer questions. It really helps all of us newbies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89

RinTX

High Wheeler
All the things you can teach a young man working on these. They are just lifelong lessons fewer and fewer people know.
Be sure to check the Binder builds section. There is some amazing work going on in those threads.
Welcome to the sickness.

Justutt67

Farmall Cub
Awesome I loved wrenching with my pops. I have never paid for someone to change my oil because my Dad showed me how. However my brother has never not paid someone to change his oil. Same Dad different results lol. Enjoy your Father-sons project.

kdsmit

Binder Driver
Looks GREAT. What a priceless education, this is the kind of thing that they, and you, will remember for the rest of their lives. Important life lessons, for sure. Enjoy.