BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Iron shop truck

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Another friend of mine from Knoxville had a 75 150 4x4 pickup he had been working on for a while. He had undone all of the PO hacks, just about had most of the bugs worked out of it , but decided he would rather have his Terra put back together. I knew just the guy who could do it. So a deal was struck and I drove this bad boy home. It ran great all the way home from Knoxville. I noticed it was pinging pretty hard pulling grades so in the garage it went to get the timing reset and the carb adjusted. Dash lights were mostly DOA but some new bulbs took care of that. The heater needs to be fixed, and the fuel gauge is non op but other than that it is pretty nice. It was originaly a California truck so this thing is 99% rust free. The plans are one ton axles and 36" tires. Here are some shots of the beast pulling trash detail this afternoon.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Got to put part of a day in on the rig taking care of some the little things that needed to be done. The first thing on the list was to get rid of the push button starter. The wiring was in good shape just had the common "hot start" problem going on. Not enough amps to engage the solenoid. So a trip to the parts store we had the stuff to do the hot start fix as posted by Paul "MisterFixit" Shulz. Thanks for the how to.:beer: The idea is the same just had to adjust the wire length for the fact that this is a D truck and has headers.

This is what I took out. House wire in a house not in a truck..... well not my truck.:D

Also managed to get the fuel gauge working. After chasing wires I thought hmmm. Lets try a different gauge. After swapping in a gauge from the parts stash we were in buisness. Also chased a couple other connection issues on the marker lights. Also got the light working in the glove box. It is all about the little things.:yes:

The gauge pannel cover is temporary as I need on with the vent holes in it , but for now this one got pulled out and painted.

Until next time.

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
If you cant find a dash localy let me know as I should have one floating around here
Jeff

Monkeyplasm

Farmall Cub
Levi,

I have one, uncut at radio area, with the a/c vents. Have pics but headed to airport now. $20. If you want it, I can drop it at Doug's sometime next week.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
You would be correct. They have also been freshly gone through. Zach the previous owner just hooked the front up with a set of moog upper and lower balljoints, new wheel bearings,and all sorts of goodies. They can be yours :yes:

Mitch Neal

High Wheeler
He's already done with it!

Attachments

• ih-render-1280.jpg
    ih-render-1280.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 316

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Update?

Like you haven't had anything else to do, like trying to lose your eye :taz:JJ in TN

Well ya see what happens is you decide to do this for a living and then suddenly your stuff becomes less important sadly. I have managed to do some odds and ends. I got the dash panel swapped for a correct one with AC vents and also got the autolight carb removed and swaped in a fresh holley 2210. Man people can complain about those carbs all they want but when they are right they are the best.

Nice design Mitch. You hit the nail on the head with that!!! :yes: :beer:

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership

Coil springs??

Thats pretty good, ALL IH's should have this done. Much better than an auto description that was seen that stated "looks great on a dark rainy night from 30 yds"....

Can you do that with my firetruck please?

JJ in TN

Mitch Neal

High Wheeler
Coil springs??

Thats pretty good, ALL IH's should have this done. Much better than an auto description that was seen that stated "looks great on a dark rainy night from 30 yds"....

Can you do that with my firetruck please?

JJ in TN

I am afraid I didn't do that, the previous owner of this truck had that done. From reading about it, this company will do that for a few hundred, and let you know what your truck/car will look like with the modifications you are wanting to do.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Well props to Zach! That will be the look we will shoot for fo sho. However the bed will take a ton of body work to make it any where near that nice. Mainly on the driver side. I have a nice fender to replace the drivers front and a nice door that is ummmmm less wrinkled. Hmmmm. JJ didn't you say you had a nice bed.

Mitch Neal

High Wheeler
Well props to Zach! That will be the look we will shoot for fo sho. However the bed will take a ton of body work to make it any where near that nice. Mainly on the driver side. I have a nice fender to replace the drivers front and a nice door that is ummmmm less wrinkled. Hmmmm. JJ didn't you say you had a nice bed.

I want the bed floor, if you get him to part with it!

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Since we are on the subject of the shop truck. Here is a shot of it in action pulling Mule duty offloading the latest project. The front cross member of the Scout sat perfectly on the rear bumper and didn't hit the tailgate. Was a little worried about getting this one off as it has no brakes or steering.

[youtube]0Pml6zYj2ac[/youtube]