BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Not actual beadlocks"

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Ricky77

High Wheeler
You guys will love this. This guy down in Texas had a set of beadlocks cut on a plasma jig (that computer programable one) out of some steel plate. The shop that did the cutting also welded them on his rims. So he takes the rims and newly mounted 35's home and bolts them to the truck. With new tires and newly painted-beadlocked rims he figures to go to the car wash and clean it up. You know how it is when you get something new...... Well on the way home he gets pulled over and the officer tells him that it is illegal to run beadlocks on the street, and in Texas it is. Well this ol boy tells the officer he knows that it's against the law to run "actual" beadlocks but these are "posers" and then points to the rims. At the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position on each of the outside pieces of the beadlocks he had used a metal stamping kit to stamp, get this.

NOT ACTUAL BEAD-LOCKS
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR OHV USE

The officer told him they looked great and to have a nice night. I had to laugh.

Ricky 77

Ricky77

High Wheeler
budget76 said:
haha thats a good idea for all the hardcore guys. might not be cheap though :rolleyes:

Wrap your mind around this. Total cost for the beadlocks and labor was less than 200$. So you could do this with your existing rims. Man I love down home thinking.

Ricky 77

Mark Ashford

Moderator.. or something
Staff member
Ricky77 said:
Wrap your mind around this. Total cost for the beadlocks and labor was less than 200$. So you could do this with your existing rims. Man I love down home thinking.

Ricky 77

He got a real deal on the work then. Expecialy now with the cost of steel as high as it is, there is about $200 worth of just steel. Cutting bead-lock rings is also wastefull of steel (allot of material drop) so unless you have other small parts to fill in the gaps your throwing alot of money away. Plus plasma time is not cheap, unless you get buddy deals. Then there is a few bucks in hardware.

Now you *can* make them cheap. Use a hand plasma and a template, drill the holes yourself. Basicaly substatute time for specilized equipment.

Last I checked you could get weld-on beadlocks for between $80 and $100 a wheel, there are some cheaper "circle track" locks in the $50 ea. range, but are not as tough as some others out there.

Just food for thought, I looks at haveing a local shop here burn me out some rings, but when it was all said and done, it wasn't much cheaper than buying them. A little, but it would have been more to hassel with than picking up a phone and ordering them.

I like the stamp though :D

75ScoutII

Farmall Cub
252.jpg
For 60 bucks a peice, you can get these at any discount tire store.

www.uniquewheel.com
SERIES 252
Black "D" Window Street Lock
15x7, 15x8, 15x10, 15x12, 15x14,
16x7, 16x8, 16x10, 16x12

I've been stopped by DPS (highway patrol), and both Phoenix and Glendale PD.

Mark Ashford

Moderator.. or something
Staff member
Those real Bead-Locks or fakies??

Looks like "bead-lock looking rim" not real bead-locking rims were the rim unbolts and pinches the bead to retain it.

If they are real however thats a KILLER price....

75ScoutII

Farmall Cub
Mark Ashford said:
Those real Bead-Locks or fakies??

Looks like "bead-lock looking rim" not real bead-locking rims were the rim unbolts and pinches the bead to retain it.

If they are real however thats a KILLER price....
Doh,

The entire post is about making fake beadlocks.

Yes the picture is of a fake beadlock.

Jason.

WesV

Y-Block King
No the entire post is about making real beadlocks look fake so that they can pass as road legal.

TCRIMSONK

Farmall Cub
Does anybody know if Tire Screws are legal? They are an affordable alternative, and just screw through your stock rimms into the rubber.