BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Normal" Soft Top on SSII??

Binder TV

Trez

Farmall Cub
Hello new guy here....I have a 1973 Scout II with the SSII kit on it. I recently got a "normal" soft top for a scout II and was wondering if I could make it work with the SSII kit. Its one of the really nice ones made by Specialty top company, with the roll up sides and I was told the top rolls back like a convertible. Any ideas?? Thanks!

mrendos

Farmall Cub
yiu may be able to have flaps sewn on the sides to make up for smaller door opening.or just use it as a full length bikini top,if you do not have soft doors but the hardware for the top and dont use doors the top will work but will be larger around door, depends on use and weather climate you plan to use your scout

Steve V

Farmall Cub
You could make some triangle shaped fillers from clear plexi-glass to fill the door gap above the SSII door inserts.

Trez

Farmall Cub
Thanks for the ideas!! I guess ill have to figure out how to install it first and go from there...
I already have a bikini top and was planing on using the full top when the weather was bad or during the winter. I do have the frames for the SSII doors but they need to be recovered...

Trez

Farmall Cub
I was looking at the instructions for the soft top on another thread and it looks to me that both tops have the same frame and hardware, but the SSII version has two extra wire frames that make up the door opening. Does anybody have a SSII with a soft top? would you mind taking some pics of how the frame for the door opening so I could compare?