BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"No Clutch Pedal" Repairs??? (Scout)

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Bob Kirk

Farmall Cub
"No Clutch Pedal" Repairs???

Gentlemen: I have never owned a Scout but have been searching for a small plow vehicle. I talked to a guy near me who has a '65 with a blade (but no lift mechanism!), 4 cyl. stick. He says he bought it at auction about a year ago, has never driven it but has started it momentarily.

He says it has "no cluth pedal," meaning there is no resistence in the pedal when pushed. He says the hydraulic clutch cylinder looks corroded and is probably bad.

My question is assuming the worst, are the parts available to fix such a problem and what might the ballpark cost be? Does this Scout have an hydraulic clutch? Is a rebuilt cylinder available? At about what price?

If the pressure plate is broken, is that available? Price?

Are stardard replacement items like fuel pump, carb, alternator, water pump etc available for this engine? At something like normal prices?

Any recommended sources for these kind of basic mechanical items?

I'm not afraid of doing the mechanical work, but I am afraid of buying a budget buster!

Thanks very much for your help.

Bob Kirk

MikeInMobile

High Wheeler
Bob, I moved your post to our general tech forum since it will get more exposure here.

I also clarified your post title.

Mike

MikeInMobile

High Wheeler
Re: "No Clutch Pedal" Repairs???

Bob Kirk said:
Gentlemen: I have never owned a Scout but have been searching for a small plow vehicle. I talked to a guy near me who has a '65 with a blade (but no lift mechanism!), 4 cyl. stick. He says he bought it at auction about a year ago, has never driven it but has started it momentarily.

He says it has "no cluth pedal," meaning there is no resistence in the pedal when pushed. He says the hydraulic clutch cylinder looks corroded and is probably bad.

My question is assuming the worst, are the parts available to fix such a problem and what might the ballpark cost be? Does this Scout have an hydraulic clutch? Is a rebuilt cylinder available? At about what price?

Are stardard replacement items like fuel pump, carb, alternator, water pump etc available for this engine? At something like normal prices?

I'm not afraid of doing the mechanical work, but I am afraid of buying a budget buster!

Bob Kirk

Bob,
The clutch hyd parts are available. More info found using the "Search" button at the top of the page using "slave cylinder" as the search terms.

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47610&highlight=slave+cylinder

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=442780

The carb should be a Holley 1904 if stock, look here to ID,
http://www.carburetorfactory.com/evindex.html

Fuel pump, water pump, alternator, all available at reasonable prices.

Let us know if you need more help. :)

Mike

kneemoe

Binder Driver
Re: "No Clutch Pedal" Repairs???

Bob Kirk said:

Bob Kirk

Bob, all the clutch parts are available one way or another
you can purchase *new* slaves and masters for the clutch on an 80 for dirt cheap if you do some searching here on the BB or at justIH.org (under 20 for the slave, around 50 for the master)
if you need a PP i've had luck on ebay, but i'm sure there are other sources as well
fuel pump runs around 55, the carb, as mentioned, should be a holley 1904 and isnt all that hard to rebuild with the proper kit, alternator i cant help ya on, mine came with a genny and i rewired her totally, so there's a delco 10si in there now, WP was around 30 IIRC

one word of warning, the project will always cost more in time and $$ then you'd ever suspect
but it's a hell of a time, and well worth it in the end :D