BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick's scout AKA the Blue Bomber

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Nichelob

Farmall Cub
Where's the uzi and .50 cal that I wanted mounted?

:4x4:

Lol, j/k, that's awesome man! Thanks for posting! I'm ready for you to just keep on trucking to Charlotte! :beer:

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
Nick's rig is a driver. Got some other pics to load , but will post the videos for now.

[youtube]WCCykWHR3EI[/youtube]

and it made it back. Power steering pump is whining abit in this video, but it was just low on fluid after all the air had bled out.

[youtube]yIDwubIGHC0[/youtube]

How come you didnt post the video where you came tearing back down the driveway, power-sliding towards the house, then spinning the tires???:oops:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
I would try a big power slide coming in the drive, but we all know how those crappy t-90's don't take gear jammin well.... :oops: :D Just picking on ya Nick.

crazyeight

Farmall Cub
Hey Nick...I saw your Blue Bomber yesterday, sounds and run good!!! Ol' Levi might just know what he's doing after all...!!!...LOL

Nichelob

Farmall Cub
Hey Nick...I saw your Blue Bomber yesterday, sounds and run good!!! Ol' Levi might just know what he's doing after all...!!!...LOL

Yeah, I can't find anything to complain about... yet! Levi found the issue that probably got me into this mess to begin with and that was worn-out distributor bushings. He also debugged the valve cover clearance issue rather quickly. So, all in all, I'm a happy camper!! :beer: Ready for Dixie Regionals to get here so I can check it all out! :taz: Damn near new truck!

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Mike I don't think I would go that far. I think alot of it is luck , but I would rather be lucky as good any day.:D . J.J I wasn't giving the bomber the props it deserved. Since I had this thing running something just didn't seem right. After looking it over i found the dizzy was wore out pretty bad. The timing was jumping 10* and there was a random mis fire on number 8 and possibly other cylinders, just wasn't detectible at idle and didn't catch it when I first put the timing light on it. The dizzy looked like a reman and was supper clean along with new cap and points, so never was really suspect until I pulled the cap and noticed that the rotor looked worn. After a new used dizzy, new points, cap and rotor the bomber will actually bark the tires pulling out of the drive. The bomber has gotten a ton of attention the last week or so. Freshened up hard top, new cd player, gauges all in proper working order, dizzy taken care of , new turn signal cam, amongst some other things. Also like Mike mentioned she made a trip to Mr. IHFXR's in Lebanon, TN. All together she is setting with about 190 miles on the new ticker. Got some pics to post. Hopefully I can get some things taken care of tomorrow and get them posted. :beer:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Got some sit down time so thought I would post some recent pics. Lots of work done trying to make sure everything is buttoned up for the trip to Charlotte. Nicks soft top was an old Kayline and was so shrunk up that some of the snaps wouldn't snap, and the flaps that kept water from coming in the windows were far from where they needed to be so Nick decided a hard top would be a good way to go. After a quick trip to Lebanon we had one. It was in good shape , but needed some love and some rustoleum to make her purdy.

Comet scrub is the shiznit for cleaning off old crud!!! The top was complete with the nicer headliner not the cardboard crap so it and the plastic side pannels got the same treatment.

After some sanding and 3 coats of good ole rattle can rustoleum the bomber had a new attitude

The liftgate that was on the top was less than good so I got a nice one I am gonna throw on there since I am a terra top kinda guy and will never need it.
Some shots of the headliner, side inserts, and cleaned up sunvisors.

The bomber was also complete with mis matched side mirrors so after looking around on ebay I found a set of replacements that were an exact match to the ones that came on the bases that were on there.

Overall of the dash. Also in this pic you can see the new marine grade cd player Nick sent installed.

We also had some problems with the breaklights. Depending on which turnsignal you had just used that brake light wouldn't work so some cleaning and a new turn signal cam later we were all gravy.

Also had to wire in the tag lights so after fishing in a new wire we got it legal so the po po would leave the bomber alone.

Nicks winshield washer accs. were mia and we thought it would be nice to have so after messing around with about three or four old pumps I had that all worked , just leaked like crazy I snaged a new one off of fleabay.

Engine comp.

Nichelob

Farmall Cub
I think I might have the best looking Scout II on the binder planet! :4x4::gun_bandana::2guns::gunsmilie: Well, at least the best looking blue one.. that's a DD.. and has a 304. But certainly better looking than any of the orange ones!:beer:

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
I think I might have the best looking Scout II on the binder planet! :4x4::gun_bandana::2guns::gunsmilie: Well, at least the best looking blue one.. that's a DD.. and has a 304. But certainly better looking than any of the orange ones!:beer:

Easy now. My orange one will run over your blue one........ If I ever get it off jacksands....:stuart:

bluevr6

Farmall Cub
Absolutely amazing work Levi. and thanks for pointing me here Nick.

I bought this Scout II back in 93ish from a little town of Bayboro, NC. It was an ex-CP&L truck and spend nearly the first 20 + years wrapped in mud (very little rust). I bet Levi found CP&L light blue underthere somewhere.

I drove it to Camp SeaGull (YMCA) camp and pulled the 196 and rebuilt it. Drove it to Raleigh (where I lived) and had Love's body Shop in Clayton strip and respray it in Jeep Deep Canyon Blue Metallic (along with new rear end caps and a new floor (it had a pickup cab and fibergassed in divider and a dog box in back that the dog urine had started to rust out).

Drove it for a while on pretty weekends, but really wasn't getting the use outof it nor th etime to work on it I would like. Sold it for down payment $ on a house.

What Nick had and what Levi found was pretty much how I sold it in 98. Down to the wiring. (I promise it was on my list of things to do). I am guessing that the guy I sold it to for his son to fix and drive really never did get used as a driver.

This whole thread had my heart pounding.

AWESOME work and commitment to a truck dear to me.

Thanks guys.

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
Nick had mentioned to me in an email that the one of the original owners of his scout had contacted him. To cool:punk: I hope you guys can get something worked out and you can take her home. I was sad to learn that Nick needed to let it go, but makes it better knowing it would go to a good home. :beer: