BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"New To"

KVILLE

Farmall Cub
Hello IH guys.
I'm another "new to" guy. I recently bought a 66' scout 196 4X4 that I am going to use as a driver. It was DOA when recieved, but after last weekend, it came back to life again. Cool ol' truck!! I live in Shelby, N.C. I run a powder coating shop here, ride american iron, weather permitting, and was looking for something to get me back into my shop. Ah' the refuge from the storm! I have two grown daughters,(only one gone) and two young boys. Same wife, somehow... Anyway looking forward to the latest challenge. These old scouts look like the cars I learned to work on for a change. I can actually see the ground under the hood!! Talk to you later

Ristin

Binder Driver
From one newbie to another; Welcome.
I had a 1962 Scout with the 152 and three speed. Wish I could have kept it, but housing/parking issues forced me to sell it. On the plus side, I ended up dating the girl I sold it to for a while and we're still friends even though she later sold the scout. :)

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
KVILLE said:
Hello IH guys.
I'm another "new to" guy. I recently bought a 66' scout 196 4X4 that I am going to use as a driver. It was DOA when recieved, but after last weekend, it came back to life again. Cool ol' truck!! I live in Shelby, N.C. I run a powder coating shop here, ride american iron, weather permitting, and was looking for something to get me back into my shop. Ah' the refuge from the storm! I have two grown daughters,(only one gone) and two young boys. Same wife, somehow... Anyway looking forward to the latest challenge. These old scouts look like the cars I learned to work on for a change. I can actually see the ground under the hood!! Talk to you later
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the group! Do you have any photos of your '66 you could share?

Roy

KVILLE

Farmall Cub
Thanks fellows! I will try and snap a few shots this weekend and post ASAP.
Just a couple updates, pulled the fuel tank, looks to be fairly new! Learned a valuable lesson about the LEFT HAND threaded lugs on the drivers side... wrung one off to learn though.... All in all this old rig looks to be in good shape. managable rust issues, excellent frame, and the engine has potential. I will update as things unfold