BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW PRODUCT! Scout 800 Dash Conversion Panels

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Damian Grihalva

High Wheeler
Well, its time we offered a new inovative product for the Scout 800 guys out there.

Some may wonder why we built these, others will understand right off. As you know D and C was one of the first, and still has, the best Scout II Dash conversions on the market. However, as I'm a Scout 800 guy, I've always liked the round panels, but wish I could integrate a tack, some better LED indicators, and other things into my dash without hacking up the stock 'radio/speaker' area.

Sure you could simply order a set of aftermarket gauges..
800dash_1.jpg

and fit them into the stock panel.

But for those of you who want more....I offer this:
800dash_2.jpg

This new dash conversion updates the old dash in a few different ways. First, you can install new aftermarket gauges (Two 3 1/8" and Four 2 1/16"). Second, our conversion gives ample room for new indicator lights as well. There are 6 7/16" holes for anything you'd like to have an indicator for. We recommend 2 green (turn signals), 1 red (brake light), 1 Blue (High Beams), and 2 amber (orange, for 4x4, EFI, or whatever you'd like). Third, this system updates the look of your interior to Aluminum!

Realizing that 800s normally have color-matching guage panel and glove-box door, our system includes both!
800dash_3.jpg

Each kit comes with two panels. One for the guages, one for the glove-box door.
800dash_4.jpg

Cost per set: $120. Includes the two panels ONLY (no gauges).
Packages that include both panels with gauges and indicator lights : $550
Sorry, we will not sell just one panel.

Putting in some VDO Cockpit Royale gauges.
800dash_5.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, or contact us via email at: CustomerService@DandCExtreme.com for orders.

rlireland

Content Team
Staff member
Way cool!
Do you have a stainless plug to fill any of the 7/16" holes that may not be used?

Roy

Damian Grihalva

High Wheeler
Thanks Roy. I'm very excited to get some installed pictures to post. In a little bit, the gauges actually came in as the wrong size so I'm waiting replacements.

As for your question. No I don't have plugs. Nor would I recomend using plugs.

I actually recommend putting the LED indicators in there even if they are not in use ~ not only does it give a completed look, but when you're ready to use them, they are there and ready.
Way cool!
Do you have a stainless plug to fill any of the 7/16" holes that may not be used?

Roy

reddevil1111

Farmall Cub
The hinge and latch for the glovebox? Are you going to make it a complete swap setup?
I think having it set up for a direct swap would sell more of them. Very cool idea D.
Roy, use a bolt to seal off any led holes you dont use I guess. Or make a dummie LED and use it for a hidden start switch...?

Trukker

Farmall Cub
Ooh, looks beefy, how thick is it?, I'd get a set but I don't have an 800 and the glove box looks a touch large for my 80.

Damian Grihalva

High Wheeler
The hinge and latch for the glovebox? Are you going to make it a complete swap setup?
I think having it set up for a direct swap would sell more of them. Very cool idea D.
Technically it could be a direct replacement. The stock glove-box door latch unbolts from the original, and will bolt into the new panel. The only thing you have to do is attach the hinge mechanism. Not sure exactly how I'll do that, either rivots or epoxy. Probably both ~ it'll sport a clean but rugged look.

Roy, use a bolt to seal off any led holes you dont use I guess. Or make a dummie LED and use it for a hidden start switch...?
You can do that, but I'd rather see an LED in there. Even if it does nothing but look pretty. I mean they are only $7 each.

Ooh, looks beefy, how thick is it?, I'd get a set but I don't have an 800 and the glove box looks a touch large for my 80.
They are beefy ~ 1/8" thick or was it 3/16? ;), but that's good 2x what you have now.

grendel_cave

Farmall Cub
Damian,

I know you were also working on scout 80 gauge panels. any word yet on how close you are to completion?

Tres03

Binder Driver
The gauges used were the VDO Cockpit Royal gauges. 2-1/16 and 3- 1/8 gauges. I have a set on mine but used a different dash Panel that I built and the gauges kit kicks butt. You cant beat the kit.

Damian Grihalva

High Wheeler
any 3/18 speedo/tach and 2 1/16" small gauges work. I've even opened them up for the 3 3/5 or 2 5/8 gauges. I recomend Autometer gauges ~ they have a bunch of Ht Rod kits.

I could give my old waterjet guy a call and see what it would cost to make a few more sets if there is enough interest.