BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mirrors Installed - Harley Iron Cross Style

engenuityinc

Farmall Cub
Ok,

My mirrors that I mentioned earlier finally came in the mail. Only 28 bucks on ebay.

I had to install them (i am not street legal without) and it was simple enough. Pull the door panel, drill a hole just in line with the wing vent window pivot pin, and bolt it up from inside with the supplied stainless flat washers to spread the load.

The mirrors are really nice, super nice chrome and all that, all heavy metal, as you would expect from a show bike part.

The glass is only 4x4, so its not huge, but it works pretty nice, and I can swap heads with other motorcycle heads. The bigger, 4x6 ovals from bigger Harleys are fairly common, as people upgrade.

If you are thinking of doing this, I would go with the "long stem" style verses the "short stem" style. They look too big in photos, but in real life, they let the mirror head clear the chrome window channel nicely while you are sitting in the seat. THe smaller ones can put the window track in the middle of the mirror. This set that I used are _just_ wide enough. Wider would have been better.

Other then that, pretty stable, not much vibration as the door is folded twice right there. A flat stock plate on the inside would be perfect though, like 1x3.

Install only leaves one small hole, and an acorn nut/bolt could cap it off nicely if you removed the mirror.

Attachments

• Mirrors 001.jpg
    Mirrors 001.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Mirrors 008.jpg
    Mirrors 008.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Mirrors 010.jpg
    Mirrors 010.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Mirrors 012.jpg
    Mirrors 012.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Mirrors 013.jpg
    Mirrors 013.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 54

MikeInMobile

High Wheeler
They look pretty good Jerry.

I may have to score a set for my 68 pickup.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder if they have a skull and crossbones style? :D

Mike

engenuityinc

Farmall Cub
They do.

Search ebay. They cost more for the skull ones, but they were cool.

I almost got some live to ride harley ones, they were bigger, with gold lettering on the back.

They flip in nicely for trails, and the set really firm. I am pretty happy with them. I think the long arm stock style would be even better.

Couldnt bring myself to drill the doors again.

SCscoutguy

Staff member
Re: nokia n93 $300

steve2008 said:
We are most grateful to grant you this offer.However, We have for sale all Br

YOU ARE SO BANNED!

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeInMobile

High Wheeler
Actually I edited John's post above to "remove quoted spam text".

The "reason: remove spam" kinda read like John spammed the BB.

Not what I meant, John. :D

Mike

SCscoutguy

Staff member
MikeInMobile said:
Actually I edited John's post above to "remove quoted spam text".

The "reason: remove spam" kinda read like John spammed the BB.

Not what I meant, John. :D

Mike
I knew what you meant Mike. :)