BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Enough Champagne

oneof3k

High Wheeler
Question... is the horn button supposed to be recessed like that? For some reason I though it was supposed to sit flush?
I could say to scroll up a post and you'll see the answer to your question, but i wouldn't do that. So scroll up!
More context is in order. I got a call from a pet food supplier recently; they were interested in useless body parts for canning in their Alpo brand. So i donated a scaphoid bone.

WRIST1.jpg

This would have been a relatively quick procedure but their HD stapler broke. So i suggested they contract with Jim Carlton who never throws anything away and they borrowed one of his recently rehabed units.

stapler.jpg

and the end result.

WRIST2.jpg

Josh..my horn button was flush...until I took out the horn guts... when I stuck it back on with no guts, it looked like Eds...

But dang Ed...that is looking SO nice..!!
Good answer Greg. But you and Josh missed the missing turn signal lever too. "Almost" complete dash was the operative word.

Finally off the high-powered pain killers so I'm no longer foaming at the mouth but typing with a left finger sucks!

oneof3k

High Wheeler
whatd I miss?...where did those staples come from?...do you have a ouchie?

As you are tied up at work for the next two weeks I didn’t want to win the race of the turtle builds so I’m giving you a chance to catch up! Elective surgery to address past breaks in my hand.

I traded a scaphoid bone and maybe half a sailboat for some staples and drugs (that suck BTW)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneof3k

High Wheeler
Halfway through...:rockon:
I've noticed that you've been trying to get through this thread Chris. Good luck; the second half is when all the crazy's really started chiming in. Not as much technical stuff but a lot more fun IMHO!
Sheesh, every time I visit this build thread Ed has more finished stuff done and I can’t even get a part completed. This is a very inspirational build thread.
Thx Don. After so many years I should finally be getting some projects done :punk:. And don't under estimate your work; you started much later with more problems then I had!

Supposedly I have to wear a cast for 12 weeks so that will put this project to a screeching halt. I'm already trying to figure out what I can do with 1-1/4 hands!

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
(" all thecrazy's really started chiming in").......heeeyyyyy....I resemble that remark..!!!haha

You Too?

HAHAHA, hope the paw gets better soon. Next thing you know, Kates greenhouse will be a vaporous wonderland..

JJ in TN

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
Ed, after your invite I felt obligated to check out the build you had going, and I gotta say after 57 pages that you don't want me and my fists of ham anywhere near that museum piece you've created. That wasn't an easy read for me, what with ongoing feelings of my own inadequacy constantly in conflict with my curiosity and desire to see yet another example of how someone who knows what they're doing makes a beautiful build happen.

Amazing. In a garage and a driveway, no less. You're a truly gifted man.

I cannot wait to see that Scout finally on the road.

oneof3k

High Wheeler
(" all thecrazy's really started chiming in").......heeeyyyyy....I resemble that remark..!!!haha
You Too?

HAHAHA, hope the paw gets better soon. Next thing you know, Kates greenhouse will be a vaporous wonderland..
Ed, after your invite I felt obligated to check out the build you had going, and I gotta say after 57 pages that you don't want me and my fists of ham anywhere near that museum piece you've created. That wasn't an easy read for me, what with ongoing feelings of my own inadequacy constantly in conflict with my curiosity and desire to see yet another example of how someone who knows what they're doing makes a beautiful build happen.

Amazing. In a garage and a driveway, no less. You're a truly gifted man.

I cannot wait to see that Scout finally on the road.
I can't believe that Greg and JJ are trying to recruit Chris as another member of the crazy's car club (double C was already taken so now triple C?).

Very kind words Chris, too bad not all of them are accurate. I too was hoping to have this gal running by the end of the year, but that's not going to happen being a gimpy. That doesn't mean I'm not trying....

Well I made it six days (post surgery), and after three novels, lots of research, lots more spending on small parts that will sit in their boxes, I was driving Kate nuts so I continued with a few small projects. All in the name of progress and all with more-or-less one hand!

I had previously cleaned and polished one vacuum wiper motor so I tried to do the same with the other motor.

IMG_5413.jpg

I spent three hours taking apart, cleaning the guts, re-lubricating, and reassembling one of the motors. Most of that time was in reassembly! Turns out there is a specific order that parts have to come together with regards to the external linkage. Then about 45 minutes total on the second motor.

IMG_5412.jpg

Many thx to Jeff Jamison for suggesting petroleum jelly as a light lubricant. Seems to have done the trick based on testing using my semi-worthless MightyVac!

IMG_5414.jpg

And finally after too many years, I installed the wiper motors on Barb. The vacuum tubing "appears" to be sound, but I'll have to wait until 2022 for engine startup to know for sure!

IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

Last bit of news was that I filled the red boat anchor with five quarts of dino fluid. Fingers crossed but no leaks yet. Which is a big-a$$ed IH oxymoron!

Plz stay away from as many people as you can cuz we're infecting and burying too many good folks.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
Recruit me to the Crazy Car Club? I had not one but two military ambulances as daily drivers, a Fiat 500 Nuova as a fun car (at least it was easy to fix), and I'm 2 1/2 years into making an old IH bucket truck into a camper. I think I might already be member of the CCC in good standing.

I can very much relate to the frustration of having a project in progress while being on the DL: I broke my right thumb right after we started on the 1310, and I'm right-handed, so it was a month and a half of not getting much done but swearing.

oneof3k

High Wheeler
Recruit me to the Crazy Car Club? I had not one but two military ambulances as daily drivers, a Fiat 500 Nuova as a fun car (at least it was easy to fix), and I'm 2 1/2 years into making an old IH bucket truck into a camper. I think I might already be member of the CCC in good standing.

I can very much relate to the frustration of having a project in progress while being on the DL: I broke my right thumb right after we started on the 1310, and I'm right-handed, so it was a month and a half of not getting much done but swearing.
Now you can add a inoperable welder to your list of excuses!

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
Ed
I have one of those almost useless mighty vacs also.There are a few other ways to test them.First is if you have a refrigeration/a/c vacuum pump they work great.I do but I used my second Idea the first time.Park your travelall(mine or what ever running vehicle yiu have) beside it,tie a piece of about 10 foot of vacuum line to said car,connect other end to you wiper motor.Now go and start car,back to the scout and pull the little knob and watch the wipers go off of the top of the windsheild.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
I had one that I tried to use to bleed the clutch circuit on my KTM. Fluid ended up everywhere, the Mity Vac ended up in the lot across the street, where, to my knowledge, it rests to this day, most of ten years later.