BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Enough Champagne

Jrc55

Binder Driver
I’m jealous you guys were able to meet up, nice warm fuzzy feelings seeing the group extend beyond the cyber world and have some face to face time. Nice work JJ and Ed!
:wheelchair::wheelchair:

I will keep saying it...IH people are the best group hands down. Model T people are cheap and grumpy. They're also harder to get parts off of:laugh::laugh::laugh:

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
("Greg, I tried to smack him in the head as per your request, but he was too fast for me. ",
Thanks for trying JJ...he'll be easier to catch with a bad knee..haha..

(" it was cheaper for me to drive to Gunnison for lunch then to keep sending you and several others cash payments to say nice things about my build ")
Ed...just a friendly reminder but your a couple months behind in my payments....where my check is?..
Haha

Exactly that. He was a bit behind on my payment(s) too, hence the in-person meeting. Why do you think that he needs to have the knee replaced? Too many knee-cap jobs from NOT paying the loan shark. Any good mob boss knows that HAHAHAHA

JJ in TN

J.J.

I’m jealous you guys were able to meet up, nice warm fuzzy feelings seeing the group extend beyond the cyber world and have some face to face time. Nice work JJ and Ed!
:wheelchair::wheelchair:

why yes Josh, and we talked about you too (most of it good?) and not at length or anything HAHA

we did park close to the blue placard parking and used the ramp over tho, or at least I did.

AARP discount too.

And no snarky comments about the sweet vase of flowers for the ladies, and Eds greasy old Delco distributor, BOTH on the table. HAHAHAHA

it was a fine afternoon.

We stopped along the way so that Mrs JJ could add to her rock collection, and to see some history along the way.

ab618a08ea74377e5b0012b52aa71761.jpg
ce4cbbfb650e208616bf5c67ac341009.jpg
aba77f33014ad4a3101d18682d92fd31.jpg

JJ in TN

J.J.

is this the one she picked out JJ?
View attachment 181852

DING DING DING you are correct my friend. She loves rocks. Thank goodness for Flat Rate USPS boxes.

Used to be kinda like this scene from the Big Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez. The last 10 seconds are the money when all of the rocks that Lucille has collected on their trip break loose from all the hiding places she put them in the trailer..

JJ in TN

Don B

Binder Driver
That's not a rock that's a boulder. I bet she made you carry it too! I can'tcomplain though I too collect rocks/boulders from where ever we go!

oneof3k

High Wheeler
But, the real question for an amateur rock hound is, "do you carry a rock hammer"?

estwing-specialty-hammers-e30-64_1000.jpg

I have one in each of my wheeling trucks. Just in case.

oneof3k

High Wheeler
This post is only to piss off 800bman and his bulkhead tales :tt2:. Working on half a dozen little projects because, well, when I run into a wall, I simply drop that project and start another project. No wonder this build will take seven more years to finish. However, I did manage to get a few little things done. More-or-less.

Accelerator pedal installed. I had to "borrow" the pedal from the Storage Shed as Barb's was too far gone. JJ is the king of borrowing from other vehicles!

IMG_5313.jpg

Fuel selector valve (loosely) in place. I thought I could polish the valve but it turns out it was only brass plated :whistling:.

IMG_5314.jpg

Finally installed the dual mount antenna that Sir Jerry Kemp donated. I was hoping to never needing to take the fender off again, but the antenna said otherwise. I spent more time trying to decide where to place the antenna (with lots of help from several friends here on BP) then the actual install. From a big picture, I could mount it above the fresh air vent as shown in the CS brochure I have and as shown in the Scout Encyclopedia. Kate voted for that location.

IMG_5300.jpg

Everyone else thought a wider spacing, one mount above and one below the fresh air vent would be better. I was in that group.

IMG_5299.jpg

So that's where it went. The only decision was where to mount it along the fender. I chose this location as it resulted in a perfectly vertical antenna shaft.

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

Many thx Jerry! And all the others that chimed in! I also took the opportunity to install the badges while the fender was off. Much easier then with the fender on the truck.

My son might be coming up this weekend to mount his snow tires that he stores at our place. And more importantly, to help install the hood which is the last major body part that needs to find a more permeant home then our basement.

Don B

Binder Driver
This post is only to piss off 800bman and his bulkhead tales :tt2:. Working on half a dozen little projects because, well, when I run into a wall, I simply drop that project and start another project. No wonder this build will take seven more years to finish. However, I did manage to get a few little things done. More-or-less.

Accelerator pedal installed. I had to "borrow" the pedal from the Storage Shed as Barb's was too far gone. JJ is the king of borrowing from other vehicles!

View attachment 181890

Fuel selector valve (loosely) in place. I thought I could polish the valve but it turns out it was only brass plated :whistling:.

View attachment 181891

Finally installed the dual mount antenna that Sir Jerry Kemp donated. I was hoping to never needing to take the fender off again, but the antenna said otherwise. I spent more time trying to decide where to place the antenna (with lots of help from several friends here on BP) then the actual install. From a big picture, I could mount it above the fresh air vent as shown in the CS brochure I have and as shown in the Scout Encyclopedia. Kate voted for that location.

View attachment 181892

Everyone else thought a wider spacing, one mount above and one below the fresh air vent would be better. I was in that group.

View attachment 181893

So that's where it went. The only decision was where to mount it along the fender. I chose this location as it resulted in a perfectly vertical antenna shaft.

View attachment 181894

View attachment 181895

Many thx Jerry! And all the others that chimed in! I also took the opportunity to install the badges while the fender was off. Much easier then with the fender on the truck.

My son might be coming up this weekend to mount his snow tires that he stores at our place. And more importantly, to help install the hood which is the last major body part that needs to find a more permeant home then our basement.
Hey Ed, there is a craigslist listing in Denver if you are interested. He wants $200 for a lot of goodies. Don

J.J.

View attachment 181890

View attachment 181891

View attachment 181892

View attachment 181893

View attachment 181894

View attachment 181895

I was honored to have been involved in the Brain Trust of this decision! Great group of guys!! :cool2:

Hey, whats wrong with borrowing stuff? Its good to have a junkyard and ones to choose from ! HAHA :innocent:

Check your IH bolt with the fuel selector :stuart:

Also good to have help from off spring, my son is a certified welder and works as a mechanic for UPS, I always have a list for him when he comes to visit :whip:

JJ in TN

oneof3k

High Wheeler
Hey Ed, there is a craigslist listing in Denver if you are interested. He wants $200 for a lot of goodies. Don
Thx for the heads up Don. Those goodies are now 1) partially in the back 40, 2) partially in my garage, 3) partially on a pallet waiting for pickup, or 4) partially in cardboard boxes waiting to be shipped to new owners. I traded him two side view mirrors for an 800 and a bottle of nice tequila. I felt like I won that exchange so I also gave him a Benjamin, although I had to literally force that on him. What a nice guy. Engine is listed on BP and on CL, and as I have time, I'll list much of the other 800 stuff I won't be keeping.
Also good to have help from off spring, my son is a certified welder and works as a mechanic for UPS, I always have a list for him when he comes to visit :whip:
Mine is a certified welding inspector, so my welding skills constantly get put down when he comes up :gun_bandana:.
Hey, whats wrong with borrowing stuff? Its good to have a junkyard and ones to choose from ! HAHA :innocent:
I've tried really hard not to borrow too many parts from the Storage Shed in hopes that someday, someone will be able to put it back together (body is too far gone for me, but someone like Jim C. would be able to whip it into shape pronto).

Don B

Binder Driver
Thx for the heads up Don. Those goodies are now 1) partially in the back 40, 2) partially in my garage, 3) partially on a pallet waiting for pickup, or 4) partially in cardboard boxes waiting to be shipped to new owners. I traded him two side view mirrors for an 800 and a bottle of nice tequila. I felt like I won that exchange so I also gave him a Benjamin, although I had to literally force that on him. What a nice guy. Engine is listed on BP and on CL, and as I have time, I'll list much of the other 800 stuff I won't be keeping.

Mine is a certified welding inspector, so my welding skills constantly get put down when he comes up :gun_bandana:.

I've tried really hard not to borrow too many parts from the Storage Shed in hopes that someday, someone will be able to put it back together (body is too far gone for me, but someone like Jim C. would be able to whip it into shape pronto).
Glad you got it. Looked like a nice score.

Don B

Binder Driver

View attachment 181890

View attachment 181891

View attachment 181892

View attachment 181893

View attachment 181894

View attachment 181895

The lower mount makes it less likely to get damaged, I think it looks better too. Does anyone still carry them?