BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New '75 Scout II 81,000 Mile Truck

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

Jeff Jamison

Lives in an IH Dealership
me too actually. I believe that in the larger towns the Chrysler dealers were the IH sales outlets. Ive seen several on the LST where they were delivered (my '76 to Howard Chrysler in Phoenix), and if you look in the approved service in the old books from the day, it lists them as well. Kinda interesting.

JJ in TN
and pontiac did also,neither had there own truck line so many dealers took on IH to fill the void.

J.J.

and pontiac did also,neither had there own truck line so many dealers took on IH to fill the void.

That’s right, I had forgotten about Pontiac, I had a Travelall that listed a Pontiac dealer in San Francisco on the LST. Good one.

JJ in TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.J.

8db5ee5d12483a0099fb24f3acf4981c.jpg

A bit too warm for most I think. But we made it to the cruise in.

JJ in TN

amp831

Farmall Cub
8db5ee5d12483a0099fb24f3acf4981c.jpg

A bit too warm for most I think. But we made it to the cruise in.

JJ in TN

I think that hurt us here in GA too, I went to a meet up yesterday but it was a real light showing, barely 2 rows of cars when in April it had 5. That one looks good!

J.J.

Just kidding, sorta.

It was done locally by a mystery guy named "Roger". Once the car gets assembled it will be buffed once again. He did a magnificent job, and I am sure it was quite expensive.

We both dressed in old tee shirts, no jewelry or belts, and had it all covered up in geeza dream sheets and microfiber towels. We even put painters tape around the edges to make sure we didn't scratch it. No harm was done, it was kinda scary but I was honored he asked me to help him. The car came from Maryland and he got it from a neighbor who had raced it back in the 60s and early 70s when he parked it where it sat in the weeds for some 40 or so years. The rear window is original to the car. Of course, like most old ones, there is always unknown damage, the right rear had been repaired poorly back in the day, and it was significant that he nearly gave up and junked it. That is really where the Chevy guys are lucky, new (although Chinese) replacement panels and floor pans.

JJ in TN

J.J.

LOL.....Guessing the manifold mishap will follow JJ to his grave. Thinking his wife should have his headstone put in place backwards to honor it.

yeah there is some truth to that. Same wife that is an RN and told me that she only wanted to hear from me if I was bleeding out or dead (????)

HAHAHA

JJ in TN

J.J.

yeah, I know its been awhile.

Really have been ultra busy with my real job, and this has fallen a bit on the way side.

But.... I was successful in getting the old rusty 4 speed donor off the lift and loaded on the trailer this afternoon after spending the morning sweating it out with the 107 degree heat index. Its bad right now. Humidity is for the young.

IMG_6934.jpg

JJ in TN