BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New '75 Scout II 81,000 Mile Truck

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
Just rolled in after driving the 100 today as it has AC! A real IH man would have driven a hot and steamy 200, so I am not that guy today, 100+ in addition to the heat index. YUCK!

The clutch looks brand new! I told Randy at the shop that I almost hated making it dirty. When they loaded it up for me, the shop stopped, Randy told everyone to come out and look at the 100, how cool was that? He said they never get to see the shiny side and thanks for bringing it by! I brought him two more clutches etc to rebuild for one of my many other projects. He also gave me a box full of goodies for my other projects--bearings, collars, etc.

I also bought a Scout II top from a local guy, I know, probably don't need it, but its not like they are still in production either.

Hot and sweaty and lots of driving, so worth it, its Taco Thursday since we missed Tuesday HAHAHA, to replace some of the salt that I lost today of course!!

View attachment 211655

View attachment 211656

View attachment 211657

JJ in TN

There looks to be two months of lost time in that box.

That’s how long the 1310 project was delayed by the search for a throwout bearing that fit after the clutch shop provided one that didn’t.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
Yowzers...!!!!...that clutch looks great...!!
And the 100+s..yikes it's hot and sticky..
Today went like this
Get home from work this am...shower
Sleep 4hrs....shower
Go work on my buddies fuel pump....shower
Mow grass....shower..
Bushhog.....shower..
Ughhhhh humiditity sucks..

I just don’t know how you all do it.

Tougher’n boiled owl sh!t, I guess.

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
There looks to be two months of lost time in that box.

That’s how long the 1310 project was delayed by the search for a throwout bearing that fit after the clutch shop provided one that didn’t.

ouch, looks like there were plenty on the shelf here, where did you end up finding one??

JJ in TN

J.J.

Yowzers...!!!!...that clutch looks great...!!
And the 100+s..yikes it's hot and sticky..
Today went like this
Get home from work this am...shower
Sleep 4hrs....shower
Go work on my buddies fuel pump....shower
Mow grass....shower..
Bushhog.....shower..
Ughhhhh humiditity sucks..

you are not kidding! how about the good old days before showers and you took a bath every Saturday night whether you needed it or not???!!!

JJ in TN

J.J.

Those look like some great establishments. You know you will be taken care of if the employees are smoking cigarettes inside. That's a sign of an old school knowledgeable shop!

And BTW JJ, you can always crawl under the truck in the dirt like the rest of us if you hydraulic lift is giving you trouble!!!! Hahahaha!!!! Hopefully my future relocation will yield a nice lift as well.

Great pics.

that is no joke! When all the guys came out of the back, I was glad to see a guy aged around 30, so I really hope he is going to carry the tradition on, I can't say it enough, once these places are gone thats it.

lack of computers and as you point out, ashtrays! HAHAHAHA

JJ in TN

mongocanfly

Y-Block King
("TACO CAT is spelled the same backwards or forwards .Take that Mr Manifold! ")
But manifold spelled backwards is still dlofinam...haha
JJ, your gonna have to slack up on taco Thursdays..

Last edited:

Perdido

Binder Driver
I splurged and added a mini split system when I built the shop, but this week has been all outside putting the suspension and drivetrain on the frame. 105-110 heat index and I swear it’s 90% RH…this 71 yo is having a tough time!
Rut

J.J.

nagatory ghost rider, Ill give you that Thursday WAS unusual, but its closer to Tuesday, regular scheduled time HAHAHAHA

JJ in TN

J.J.

I splurged and added a mini split system when I built the shop, but this week has been all outside putting the suspension and drivetrain on the frame. 105-110 heat index and I swear it’s 90% RH…this 71 yo is having a tough time!
Rut

ugh.

JJ in TN

J.J.

I have two hotel/motel PTAC units in my shop that run 24/7. And I don't open the doors much so it stays around 78 or so in there. I have them set high so they will cycle and not run all the time. They have served me well.

Dew and I did manage to get some stuff done. Since the Scout is going to make its debut tomorrow night at the local cruise in, I cleaned the windows. I had purchased a top yesterday from a local guy and its T handle was in much better shape and it had a key! So I resurrected this old thread (Thanks Bill for the write up many years ago--I love this website and the knowledge) as I had never actually removed one that had a key, I had always drilled them out. But since I wanted it to be one key, and the original one at that it was important to not destroy the original lock cylinder. Greg look at the key as it has the IH logo on it HAHAHAHAHAHA

IMG_6880.jpg
IMG_6881.jpg

and of course, while I was doing that Dew had to check out the new clutch and take a load off at the same time

IMG_6877.jpg

JJ in TN

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler

Reminds me of Harry Caray calling afternoon Cubs games in the early ‘90’s: “Hey Steve, did you know ‘Sosa’ spelled backwards is ‘Asos’?” Middle innings, several Budweisers in.

Chris Cooper

High Wheeler
I have two hotel/motel PTAC units in my shop that run 24/7. And I don't open the doors much so it stays around 78 or so in there. I have them set high so they will cycle and not run all the time. They have served me well.

Dew and I did manage to get some stuff done. Since the Scout is going to make its debut tomorrow night at the local cruise in, I cleaned the windows. I had purchased a top yesterday from a local guy and its T handle was in much better shape and it had a key! So I resurrected this old thread (Thanks Bill for the write up many years ago--I love this website and the knowledge) as I had never actually removed one that had a key, I had always drilled them out. But since I wanted it to be one key, and the original one at that it was important to not destroy the original lock cylinder. Greg look at the key as it has the IH logo on it HAHAHAHAHAHA

View attachment 211714 View attachment 211715

and of course, while I was doing that Dew had to check out the new clutch and take a load off at the same time

View attachment 211716

JJ in TN

Roger Mauro…I remember that…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mongocanfly

Y-Block King
("I just don’t know how you all do it.Tougher’n boiled owl sh!t, I guess.")

Chris..we think the same thing about yall when yall buried under snow 5ft deep..!!!!!!!

Last edited:

J.J.

Roger Mauro…I remember that…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me too actually. I believe that in the larger towns the Chrysler dealers were the IH sales outlets. Ive seen several on the LST where they were delivered (my '76 to Howard Chrysler in Phoenix), and if you look in the approved service in the old books from the day, it lists them as well. Kinda interesting.

JJ in TN