BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New '75 Scout II 81,000 Mile Truck

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous

J.J.

Lives in an IH Dealership
No I’m using one of my V8 ones. I will post it up. I looked thru all the ones I had and they all are drilled for a larger pressure plate.

JJ in TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.J.

The nice thing about having a stash is being able to grab what you need. Or as Merle Haggard told me once "son, don't put your stash in the same pocket as your change" HAHAHA

Here is a V8 flywheel that is going to the clutch shop tomorrow.

IMG_6835.jpg

JJ in TN

J.J.

I kinda think they all do in the V8 ones, this one is as well, I culled thru all of them that I had (6-8) all the same.

JJ in TN

J.J.

Today was a day of driving and supporting local business and old time craftsmen!

First stop this morning was the clutch rebuilder. He is an old time shop been there 40+ years. I even lived not too far from here several years ago and had no idea they even existed. Shoved in way off Nolensville Rd in Nashville, behind the mom and pop drive thru beer and cig store ( a really good sign). Also recommend to me by some hot rodders up here where I live.

IMG_6842.jpg

These kinds of places once they're gone, thats it....

IMG_6843.jpg

of note too, one of the geezers hanging out had one leg. Turns out he is an IH guy, and Randy (the owner of the shop) had built him some clutches for his competition pull tractors, IH ones of course! He was there to pick them up so he could start getting ready for a tractor pull in Smyrna TN in a couple of weeks. He was such an IH guy, his fake leg is IH tractors, complete with the IH logo !! I was like, I know this is odd, but can I take a picture and post that, he said "hell no I don't mind son, thats why I had it made this way!"

IMG_6844.jpg

then, it was the hydraulic shop, not as colorful, but still old guys doing lost art things. Both places wrote down me by first name on yellow legal pads and said "Monday" HAHAHA

IMG_6845.jpg

Since I gotta work this weekend anyway, smells like next week!!

JJ in TN

Last edited:

Lars-S

Binder Driver
Today was a day of driving and supporting local business and old time craftsmen!

First stop this morning was the clutch rebuilder. He is an old time shop been there 40+ years. I even lived not too far from here several years ago and had no idea they even existed. Shoved in way off Nolensville Rd in Nashville, behind the mom and pop drive thru beer and cig store ( a really good sign). Also recommend to me by some hot rodeos up here where I live.

View attachment 211349

These kinds of places once they're gone, thats it....

View attachment 211350

of note too, one of the geezers hanging out had one leg. Turns out he is an IH guy, and Randy (the owner of the shop) had built him some clutches for his competition pull tractors, IH ones of course! He was thee to pick them up so he could start getting ready for a tractor pull in Smyrna TN in a couple of weeks. He was such an IH guy, his fake leg is IH tractors, complete with the IH logo !! I was like, I know this is odd, but can I take a picture and post that, he said "hell no I don't mind son, thats why I had it made this way!"

View attachment 211352

then, it was the hydraulic shop, not as colorful, but still old guys doing lost art things. Both places wrote down me by first name on yellow legal pads and said "Monday" HAHAHA

View attachment 211353

Since I gotta work this weekend anyway, smells like next week!!

JJ in TN
Thanks for sharing all that wonderful stuff and people

stroker3

Like the sign on the chair in the first pic. ..Love seeing shops like that.

Place looks like it should have a lazy dog laying around somewhere.......

Needed a hydraulic line made up for the Kubota. Napa didn't have the right fittings. Asked around and discovered a hidden place two towns over. Tucked in behind a building supply store. Been by there hundreds of times and never even knew it was back there. One man operation with all sorts of lines and fittings neatly stacked . Nice guy, 10 minutes, no questions and done. Something about people who just know their business and are more interested in the function of their shops over the image.

Perdido

Binder Driver
I can’t count the places that I haunted over the years, generator shops, brake and clutch shops, blacksmiths, go to the mill when I needed lumber, big round bins of nails and hardware, feed mills, etc. All gone. I guess my favorite was our local small town shoe shop where I would get my brakes relined using copper rivets. Mr Jones, what a guy. Bait shops and the associated smells, general stores with hoop cheese, sardines, knuckles, feet, Penrose sausage, pickled quail eggs…God, I miss all that! Still a few places left if you can find them.
Rut

J.J.

Like the sign on the chair in the first pic. ..Love seeing shops like that.

Place looks like it should have a lazy dog laying around somewhere.......

Needed a hydraulic line made up for the Kubota. Napa didn't have the right fittings. Asked around and discovered a hidden place two towns over. Tucked in behind a building supply store. Been by there hundreds of times and never even knew it was back there. One man operation with all sorts of lines and fittings neatly stacked . Nice guy, 10 minutes, no questions and done. Something about people who just know their business and are more interested in the function of their shops over the image.

or a lazy DEW! HAHAHA

JJ in TN

J.J.

Today is "Lets see if my lift and '78 Terra that is on it can kill me Day" At least I can count on Mrs JJ to not be concerned unless Im missing a limb or dead. HAHAHA. Since I signed that paper dead might be the answer.

No Tacos last night, so this should be pointed the right way unlike certain intake manifold installs HAHAHA

I got my cylinder back from the rebuilders, $141 which I think is a deal. I gotta get after these 4 acres, then Dew and I will be all in.

The only thing (and I guess Ill find out) is how to bleed it. Since it is in the UP position, that is the only way the cylinder can go in, the rebuilder suggested that once I get it installed, I should be able to extend it out by hand to get it to catch up to the other, fill the reservoir and turn on the pump to fill, then crack the bleeder when I let it down so it can push out any potential air as it compresses. Does anyone see any flaws in that logic?

This will go down AFTER lunch of course.

JJ in TN

J.J.

Poor Dew, mans best friend and all, the proper shop cat/dog. That’s still pretty funny hahahahaha, that would be the black cat called Sophia that Mrs JJ belongs to.

I’m back in business!!!!

Had to run to Tractor Supply for more hydro fluid but it runs up and down perfectly! It burped once thru the tank and that was it.

Clutch shop just called me too, $140 cash and he says he’s giving me a few extra throw out bearings cause I have so many hahahaha

JJ in TN

J.J.

Just rolled in after driving the 100 today as it has AC! A real IH man would have driven a hot and steamy 200, so I am not that guy today, 100+ in addition to the heat index. YUCK!

The clutch looks brand new! I told Randy at the shop that I almost hated making it dirty. When they loaded it up for me, the shop stopped, Randy told everyone to come out and look at the 100, how cool was that? He said they never get to see the shiny side and thanks for bringing it by! I brought him two more clutches etc to rebuild for one of my many other projects. He also gave me a box full of goodies for my other projects--bearings, collars, etc.

I also bought a Scout II top from a local guy, I know, probably don't need it, but its not like they are still in production either.

Hot and sweaty and lots of driving, so worth it, its Taco Thursday since we missed Tuesday HAHAHA, to replace some of the salt that I lost today of course!!

IMG_6874.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6872.jpg

JJ in TN

mongocanfly

Y-Block King
Yowzers...!!!!...that clutch looks great...!!
And the 100+s..yikes it's hot and sticky..
Today went like this
Get home from work this am...shower
Sleep 4hrs....shower
Go work on my buddies fuel pump....shower
Mow grass....shower..
Bushhog.....shower..
Ughhhhh humiditity sucks..

MrKenmore

Those look like some great establishments. You know you will be taken care of if the employees are smoking cigarettes inside. That's a sign of an old school knowledgeable shop!

And BTW JJ, you can always crawl under the truck in the dirt like the rest of us if you hydraulic lift is giving you trouble!!!! Hahahaha!!!! Hopefully my future relocation will yield a nice lift as well.

Great pics.