BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPFI IAC Valve Wiring

Binder TV

deadeyedan18

Farmall Cub
So, I'm working my way through putting together a mpfi system for my truck and I'm down to wiring it all up. I'm using the holley throttle body off the late 90's dodge pickups with the integrated IAC motor. Does anybody know if the Holley/Dodge IAC motor is wired up the same as a 454 or a 350 tbi IAC motor? Or should I just swap it out for a GM IAC motor?

deadeyedan18

Farmall Cub
I found the dodge wiring diagram and it is pretty unhelpful. I guess replacing it is the most sure way to get it right. Thanks much for the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-110556.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-110556.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 5

mallen

Dreams of Cub Cadets
It's looks like it could be a 2 phase stepper. There's really no reason to think the two would necessarily be the same. The drivers are matched to the requirements of the motor.

Bill USN-1

Staff member
It's looks like it could be a 2 phase stepper. There's really no reason to think the two would necessarily be the same. The drivers are matched to the requirements of the motor.
Except if you look at my early MPFI write ups you will see i already used the Dodge throttle body and rewired the IAC to work with the GM ECM.
But, I don't remember if I actually documented the wiring changes I made.
Some times I just get too busy building and forget to document everything.
But it can work.
it would still be easier to just swap the IAC to a GM IAC and not worry about the wiring changes.
Or just use the GM throttle body without the injector pod on it as i also showed.

mallen

Dreams of Cub Cadets
Except if you look at my early MPFI write ups you will see i already used the Dodge throttle body and rewired the IAC to work with the GM ECM.
But, I don't remember if I actually documented the wiring changes I made.
Some times I just get too busy building and forget to document everything.
But it can work.
it would still be easier to just swap the IAC to a GM IAC and not worry about the wiring changes.
Or just use the GM throttle body without the injector pod on it as i also showed.
That's actually suprising. Maybe they use the same components in the pcm