BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving on up: NEW SHOP BUILD THREAD:

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group

oldironoffroad

High Wheeler
I have lots of pics and updates for project oil burner, along with some new projects, but time to maintain build threads is lacking due to being currently in the process of building a new garage. Just wanted to keep anybody following along or interested in sending work in the loop. We are working on a new 30x50 with some new fancy tools and a 10k 2 post lift. I have been working out of an attached 2 car garage for years that I have outgrown. The hope is with the new space we can speed up progress, have room for more work, and put out the quality work I believe I am capable of. SO without further ado here are some pics of the new digs.

Footer freshly poured

Block delivered and layed

Little fill dirt action. The fill dirt I used is a mix of gravel and dirt. It packs like concrete. I let it sit for a couple weeks before the concrete was poured

Wife helping keep things on grade

I have some family in NC that do concrete work professionally and were gracious enough to come down, bring all the tools needed, and help get the concrete banged out.

And so everybody knows where we came from we stamped the concrete in front of where the workbench will be with and old school swamper.

With the concrete work done we ordered some material and I called a friend that is into scouts and happens to be a contractor. If you want something built out of steel I am your guy, but when it comes to wood I know enough to get myself into trouble.

I also happen to know a guy who builds trusses so he hooked us up with some sweet trays that will give us a 15 foot ceiling. Plenty to clear the lift.

Framing started and going up.

Electrical going in. I put outlets everywhere

Got my panel wired. Still have to trench in for the incoming service. For now I am pulling 100 amp service off of the house.

Started insulating

Inside sheeting. This is where I am currently. I will keep updates coming.

Last edited:

mormetl

High Wheeler
Sweet man - nice new digs! Can't wait to see it when I finally come for my tub you've been holding for me. Keep up the progress.

Dennis Bernth

Staff member
You are gonna be loving that lift, I won't be shocked if you aren't hunting up a second one shortly with the amount of work you do. I'd have probably given up working on these things completely by now if I didn't have my Mohawk two post lift, makes laying under one of these getting rust in your eyes a bad memory. Not to mention trying to get the truck high enough to get an auto trans out from underneath, but low enough that your transmission jack will reach :oops: No comparison whatsoever, you'll find your productivity goes way up with the lift.